New PC

glw

Good Day all, I need to buy a new PC, the one i have now just cant keep up. I admit, i have not been keeping up on the latest technogies so im in a bit of a quandry. I run FSX now with A LOT OF THIRD PARTY SCENERY and its just limping along. I would like some advice on purchasing a new rig, what to look for, etc. This will probably be the last computer i buy so i want to make sure i get right. I will also be going with the new flight simulator.

thanks and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Good Day all, I need to buy a new PC, the one i have now just cant keep up. I admit, i have not been keeping up on the latest technogies so im in a bit of a quandry. I run FSX now with A LOT OF THIRD PARTY SCENERY and its just limping along. I would like some advice on purchasing a new rig, what to look for, etc. This will probably be the last computer i buy so i want to make sure i get right. I will also be going with the new flight simulator.

thanks and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Then you need to WAIT... Specs for the new Flight Simulator are not expected before Autumn 2019 at the very earliest.

For now, remove a LOT OF THIRD PARTY SCENERY, starting with the rubbish you haven't flown in several months, then migrating to any you have only logged one or two landings. And stay happy.

You can use the time in between to research what you are going to need for the next rig. We obviously cannot advise you about new product we know NOTHING about...

I would wait until Intel responds to the AMD threat for a PCIe 5.0, DDR5 PC with lots of NVMe storage for quick load ups.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I also counsel waiting a while...

FSX is CPU bound and was designed for the high speed single threaded computer. The industry took a design turn to a slower speed, multi-cpu model that is not ideal for FSX. My 4 yr old computer runs it fine at 4.4GHz but the 'new' sim may be better suited to current computer design. While I don't expect to see them recommending a 3.0GHz CPU with 16 cores, I don't yet know anything about the game's requirements.

If you want to be sure that what you buy is good-to-great for the new sim also you really need to know what are their recommendations to get the best performance. Until you know that, it's going to hard to proceed with certainty.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners