Never satisfied, always looking for better!

Every once in awhile, I will get the bug to find a nicer T-6. I really don't care for the dark tinted windows on mine. So, today, I go looking!

I found some very nice T-6 downloads, much more appealing to the eye than mine, but these other aircraft won't get out of there own way. They will eventually, but it takes some coaxing. I got the RPM to come up a little, but could not find a way to bring up the MP. So, I give up, went back to my older, much more reliable T-6, and I ask myself, why do you think better is out there? Be satisfied with what you got! And, what a joy it was to fly. Plenty of power, did as I asked, yep, why do I look for another? Here he is with one of the nicest wheel landings I have ever made!!! I think I will keep him a little longer!

2019-7-6_17-44-27-742.jpg

Rick :cool:

Hi Rick, if your original flies like you want it but the other looks better can't you tweak the aircraft.cfg I've often used one for the other saving the contact points, lights and in some cases the weight and balance.

I don't need to tell you to make a backup first lol.

In 'Flight Simulator,' there is 'flight!' :):) Like many other hobbies, the FS series may be practiced in a variety of way, on the other hand!
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Hi Rick, if your original flies like you want it but the other looks better can't you tweak the aircraft.cfg I've often used one for the other saving the contact points, lights and in some cases the weight and balance.

I don't need to tell you to make a backup first lol.

Thanks Col! Yes, over the years I have gotten good at tweeking freeware downloads and most often have had to do comparisons of aircraft to accomplish both the cosmetic as well as performance characteristics. This AT-6, however, has played hard to get. The one in the above picture performs flawlessly, just don't care for the dark glass! Engine specs on this aircraft says 650 HP turbocharged, the others that gave me problems said 600 HP supercharged. The latter would take it's time to get to takeoff speed and then didn't seem to have the power to give it a decent climbout! I got so desperate, I copied & pasted the [GeneralEngineData], [pistonengine] and [propellor] sections of my aircraft.cfg over to the newly download aircraft.

Here's the real kicker, now the newly downloaded aircraft ran like a "scalded dog," but I couldn't get the RPM prop controls to work properly. Out of frustration, I put everything back to normal, deleted the newly download aircraft, and I have a perfect flying AT-6! I'll get over the wanting a nicer looking AT-6, as I don't fly the AT-6 as often as some of my other aircraft!

Thanks for the suggestion just the same Col! How are your birds working out? Still have spinning props and no "black discs?"

Edited by Downwind66

Tinted windows. An option with the T-6 or reclining, leather bucket seats... :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

that's the thing, david, i don't need tinted windows or reclining seats. The leather bucket seats might be nice, though! :rolleyes:

lol! :d

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the subject of tweaking, I have 2 stories, a German seaplane I desperately wanted to fly as an ai, it would not perform, I spend a few days on it and eventually got it working.

Another was the Fairey Rotodyne, again I wanted an ai version, spend days tweaking, in the end got it going, now I hardly ever use either of them lol.

I love the challenge too, Larry! When it works out for you, you feel as if you have really accomplished something. I think, anymore, I probably do more downloading and tweeking, than actually flying these birds! And that's okay, they are both enjoyment for me!

Thanks for commenting Larry! Rick :cool:

That's a neat little Texan Rick. Very, very nice.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I finally found what I was looking for. When I finally realized that the dark tinted windows was coming from the downloads being an FS2004 download, I went looking for a FSX T-6. I found a 4 pk of them and kept two of the polished aluminum finishes, NO TINT! I am really happy to have them, but I still make keep my original around for awhile!

2019-7-9_17-58-1-155.jpg

Well, I finally found what I was looking for. When I finally realized that the dark tinted windows was coming from the downloads being an FS2004 download, I went looking for a FSX T-6. I found a 4 pk of them and kept two of the polished aluminum finishes, NO TINT! I am really happy to have them, but I still make keep my original around for awhile!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]210579[/ATTACH]

Very nice!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]