Another one of our military's finest!

The Lockheed C5A Galaxy. For the size of this "Big Bad Boy," he is very stable flying and I think I have found another "keeper!!" Thank goodness the wife has no way of knowing what I have accumulated! Oh well, I have to have fun somehow!

Base Leg, RWY 33, Charleston, SC

2019-6-22_18-10-34-289.jpg

ILS Final RWY 33, Charleston, SC

2019-6-22_18-14-9-476.jpg

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

Impressive shots of the Galaxy. Love both pictures. Great stuff Rick.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Jan and Khalid! Jan, this is more than a bus! If you could put floats on it, the rear cargo door comes down. You could land, anchor off somewhere that the tourists frequent, fill the cargo bay full of jet skiis, and then rent them out. Have ice cold beer and snacks available! Make some money and check out the "young sweeties" at the same time!

Thanks guys! Rick :cool:

Very nice display of the C5 Rick. The C5 Galaxy sure is a big one alright. :cool: :cool: :) Back in the mid 70s I my wife and I attended her family reunion in Granite, OK not far from Altus AFB. for three days we saw C5s flying around, what a sight. I couldn't believe those big things could stay in the air, but of course they did and still do.

Larry

Thanks Larry! Yes, tonight I watched a YouTube video of when Trump went to the UK, they transferred one of his backup "Marine 1" helicopters from one C5 to another, and those aren't very small!! They were probably sending that one ahead to Scotland where he was going next to play golf. The C5's are very large! I was surprised how the download flew. It is very stable and predictable, I have had smaller aircraft that flew a lot worse than this "Big Boy!"

Anyway, glad you liked it! I did hear today that the military was trying to bring these back, as they really did serve their purpose well on transporting troops and equipment.

Rick :cool:

Flying the REALLY big dog!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]