Unable to see GPS screen in FSX steam

mrmark501

Help please!!!!!!

About a week ago I was flying the default Cessna 172 and pressed shift 3 to see the GPS screen and where the screen would appear it flashes but didn't come up. I went into the pull down screen and looked in the open view and the GPS was ticked.

I've checked other planes and same situation, I even added a freeware GPS 430 Garmin to the 172 and it show up but the screen won't appear.

When I switch the Nav/GPS button to GPS and activate the autopilot Nav hold it fly to the destination and on my 172 with G 1000 the screen is there.

The only thing I've added hardware side is a Thrustmaster T 16000 M but haven't assigned ed any GPS commands to any buttons and I recalibrated it numerous time and removed it and reinstalled the driver and everything works fine.

I'm guessing I somehow click something that has caused this.

Thanks for the help.

About a week ago I was flying the default Cessna 172 and pressed shift 3 to see the GPS screen and where the screen would appear it flashes but didn't come up.

This happens when an add-on aircraft or panel replaces the FSX GPS gauge with the FS9 GPS gauge - it's near impossible to detect because both versions are named fs9gps.cab. The FSX version is 553kb in size, you can restore it manually from the FSX disk 2.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

No. In fsx you can not get files off the disk.

Instead you need to use a little tool. You can find it in the Flightsim.com file library.

At the top of any page here, in the blue bar, Click "file libray"---"advanced search".

I think the file title is something like

'fsx gauges and effects recovery'

so use some of those words to search for.

The tool will restore all your default gauge and effect files to default condition.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No. In fsx you can not get files off the disk.

Instead you need to use a little tool. You can find it in the Flightsim.com file library.

At the top of any page here, in the blue bar, Click "file libray"---"advanced search".

I think the file title is something like

'fsx gauges and effects recovery'

so use some of those words to search for.

The tool will restore all your default gauge and effect files to default condition.

gauges_recovery_fsx.zip

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I use PowerArchiver which can open all types of compressed files, including .cab files.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Was thinking of this one. Yours works too Zippy. Thanks.

FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc.

FS2004/FSX Gauges Effects Recover v2.0

[ Download | View ]

Name: gauges_effects_recover.zip

Size: 42,384,156 Date: 09-07-2015 Downloads: 929

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=187116

FS2004/FSX Gauges Effects Recover v2.0. Gauges Effects Recover 2.0 (formerly Gauges Recovery v1.2) for FS2004, FSX, FSX-Steam, P3D v1.4 and P3D v2.5. New in version 2.0: Restoration is now compatible with all flight simulators based on Microsoft Flight Simulator, added DLL fix. This program restores the original files of Gauges and Effects folders of your flight simulator. Gauges Effects Recover is very useful in case of instability of your simulator and allows you to avoid having to reinstall the game if you are missing some files. By Erik Bender/Rikoooo.com

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could try and copy the GPS entry from a panel and replace the one you have, a slight Little mistake here can make the gauge invisible. Here's the entry for the cessna 172 ( Don't know if Steam is different from Acceleration?

[Window02]

size_mm=456,378

window_size=0.5

position=8

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

VISIBLE=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

zorder=4

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0

Just c/p and change the [Window] number so it falls in order.

As things go sometimes I won't say no but the only thing I 've deleted was a utility add on for using the mouse to zoom around the veiws becausee I didn't like it. Is there a way to verify if it is there or where I can look for it?

Also can I replace it?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

So i also have had this same issue with my gps not popping up. Only with mine, when i push Shift+3, my mouse pointer goes all haywire. I took the advice from this thread and went to file library and loaded the file to the gps. I am thinking a 3rd party add-on might have caused some sort of issue.

My question is once i download the zip file, where do i save it at? How do i begin the process of repairing this issue? I have from the zip file ....

1. fs9gps.cap

2. garmin500.jpg

3. Readme.txt.

Where do i save them or what do i do from here?

Thanks!!

Hello everyone!

So i also have had this same issue with my gps not popping up. Only with mine, when i push Shift+3, my mouse pointer goes all haywire. I took the advice from this thread and went to file library and loaded the file to the gps. I am thinking a 3rd party add-on might have caused some sort of issue.

My question is once i download the zip file, where do i save it at? How do i begin the process of repairing this issue? I have from the zip file ....

1. fs9gps.cap

2. garmin500.jpg

3. Readme.txt.

Where do i save them or what do i do from here?

Thanks!!

What does it say to do in the Readme.txt?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived