Altitude Call Out HELP

Prostock

Altitude Call Outs Not Working on 737-800 Default. They were working fine but something changed, What changed, I have no idea. How do I fix this?

Also, I'd like to add Altitude Call Outs to smaller prop planes. Any links or suggestions on how to achieve is appreciated.

What altitude callouts package were you using? I don't think there are any default ones without an addon.

Guys I fly with have the call outs 1000,500,400,300,200,100,50,40,30,20,10 that work fine in Default 737-800. They don't remember dl'ing any addons. Mine was working fine but stopped working. And you know we all download a lot of addons and I don't remember installing any programs.

I downloaded this file, I'll give it a try. Thanks

Excellent program, I use this on most downloaded aircraft that might justify having callouts, and a few that you might not ever expect! The program is "habit forming" once you've used it!

Enjoy! Rick :cool:

Excellent program, I use this on most downloaded aircraft that might justify having callouts, and a few that you might not ever expect! The program is "habit forming" once you've used it!

Enjoy! Rick :cool:

I downloaded & installed as the instructions suggested. I made a folder called CALLOUTS & put all the sound files in it. I added the gauge lines to the panel.cfg Still No Call outs. Any other suggestions?

Did you place the following files into the FSX/Gauges folder?:

CALLOUT_BigJets.cab

CALLOUT_SmallJets.cab

CALLOUT_SOUND.DLL

And, when you added the gauges lines did, you renumber the "xx" to numbers that will follow the number order where the original panel.cfg left off?

If these two areas didn't help, go back again and recheck the instructions closely. You will find where you made a mistake. Do it slowly and follow the instructions!

Rick :cool:

Did you place the following files into the FSX/Gauges folder?:

CALLOUT_BigJets.cab

CALLOUT_SmallJets.cab

CALLOUT_SOUND.DLL

And, when you added the gauges lines did, you renumber the "xx" to numbers that will follow the number order where the original panel.cfg left off?

If these two areas didn't help, go back again and recheck the instructions closely. You will find where you made a mistake. Do it slowly and follow the instructions!

In the File I downloaded callv1.zip, there is no Cabs by that name. (See Screen Shot). I did move the one cab file & the dll file to the gauge folder. I did re-number the gauge XX in order. I'll recheck & read slowly. Thanks

Screenshot_1.png

You didn't extract the contents of the .cab files, did you? Look at your instructions, mine says #2 instruction.

I see the problem, try to delete all that you have downloaded. I downloaded the file that il88pp gave you and it's totally different than mine. Just try to back out all that you did, and I can hear you gritting your teeth as I type!

The file on this site's library that I used is boeing_callouts_fsx.zip

It is user friendly, just PLEASE go slow and follow the directions and you will have this download

conquered!

Sorry about that! - Rick

You didn't extract the contents of the .cab files, did you? Look at your instructions, mine says #2 instruction.

I see the problem, try to delete all that you have downloaded. I downloaded the file that il88pp gave you and it's totally different than mine. Just try to back out all that you did, and I can hear you gritting your teeth as I type!

The file on this site's library that I used is boeing_callouts_fsx.zip

It is user friendly, just PLEASE go slow and follow the directions and you will have this download

conquered!

Sorry about that! - Rick

No I didn't extract the cab file. Not biting teeth either LOL, already did that for a day before I posted the question here.

Ok, I finally got it working.......... The instruction said to add the gauges to the Panel.cfg under window [00] when in fact, you need to add the gauges under the [vcockpit01] window. It's working as it should so far.

Screenshot_2.png

Sorry for all the confusion, I thought we were talking about the same downloads, but we weren't! MY BAD for not catching it. My download was by Matt Smith with the other two designers mentioned on your download. Well, glad you got it. If it gives you any more problems, you can always use the one I downloaded as I do think it is more user friending getting it setup!

Go to bed and don't grind your teeth!:rolleyes: I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of a large drop tank from a Grumman F7F-3, had one earlier on a P51 that someone, gave me a tip on getting rid of one, but did not work on this particular aircraft!

Oh well, enjoy your download. You get a chance, maybe let me know your name. We have spoken before, and I know you go by something other than Prostock.

Good night! - Rick :cool:

The callout gauge should be installed in the 2D panel.

To also hear it in the 3D VC and in outside view the gauge lines also need to be put in the [VCockpit] section.

That is so for callv1.zip

(and probably for all other callout gauges as well.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry for all the confusion, I thought we were talking about the same downloads, but we weren't! MY BAD for not catching it. My download was by Matt Smith with the other two designers mentioned on your download. Well, glad you got it. If it gives you any more problems, you can always use the one I downloaded as I do think it is more user friending getting it setup!

Go to bed and don't grind your teeth!:rolleyes: I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of a large drop tank from a Grumman F7F-3, had one earlier on a P51 that someone, gave me a tip on getting rid of one, but did not work on this particular aircraft!

Oh well, enjoy your download. You get a chance, maybe let me know your name. We have spoken before, and I know you go by something other than Prostock.

Good night! - Rick :cool:

Hey Rick - I'll dl and try the one your using. Question about BIG & SMALL Jet call outs, what the difference, Volume? I'm not 100% happy with the one I have, I may even attempt to make my own. As for speaking with you, I'm not sure. My name is Brian. Thanks

Brian - Okay, you will not be disappointed with the one I use, you just need to follow the instructions slowly, step by step, until you are done.

The difference in Big jets vs small jets; in the small jets, at the 10' callout the landing gear is at approx 10' off the ground. With the large jets, the callout at 10' will be 5' higher than the smalljets or 15'.

This is a very good download. I have been using it for a couple years now, if not longer, and like I said most of my aircraft get this added to them when I download them!

Enjoy it Brian. Remember slow and no gritting your teeth, kicking the dog or cat or screaming at the wife and kids!

Oh, and the title of the file download says boeing callouts, but don't give that a thought, it will work for all aircraft!

Brian - Okay, you will not be disappointed with the one I use, you just need to follow the instructions slowly, step by step, until you are done.

The difference in Big jets vs small jets; in the small jets, at the 10' callout the landing gear is at approx 10' off the ground. With the large jets, the callout at 10' will be 5' higher than the smalljets or 15'.

This is a very good download. I have been using it for a couple years now, if not longer, and like I said most of my aircraft get this added to them when I download them!

Enjoy it Brian. Remember slow and no gritting your teeth, kicking the dog or cat or screaming at the wife and kids!

Oh, and the title of the file download says boeing callouts, but don't give that a thought, it will work for all aircraft!

Thanks Rick - Now you got me curious, so do you know me from somewhere else? Give a clue. Next question - Yes I prefer the one you referred & did get it working by reading it slowly as you suggested.. Question is: It has sound wav's for 400ft 300ft 200ft. They don't work. I added lines for those callouts to the config in the correct order, figured the original maker left them out or figured they weren't needed? It would be nice to have callouts for those heights as well. Any idea now to get them working? The callouts I get are 2500, 1000, 500, 100, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10. I disabled the 2 Minimums as they are not needed.

Got you curious, huh? I didn't really have a direct discussion with you. You and I were trying to help a friend of mine, GBJim, about his losing colors on airport vehicles and aircraft and he said he tried using a procedure that you had suggested and it worked. And, just yesterday the screename and then today when you told me you're name was Brian, it did sound familiar. I went thru your past posts that you were involved in and it was that one situation you helped Jim on. AND, anybody that has helped Jim out, I don't mind offering them help when they need it! In reality, it just turned out that way, I would have offered to help anyway!

Glad to hear you got the callouts working! Yes, there are those wav files, but not the gauges entries that would support those altitudes. If you were wanting to use them, you would have to create the entries yourself! ie, gaugexx=SmallJets!Callout400, 0,0,0,0 but I agree that the 400,300 and the 200 are not needed. I kept all they had provided me, as I like the callouts below 100', especially when flying high powered, high performance tail draggers, those callouts help my brain visualize where my wheels are in relation to the runway! But that is just me, some may not want them. Once you listen to them over and over again, you will miss not hearing them when you download a new aircraft and forget to add the program to it!

Okay, Brian, glad you now know how I knew you. You even got the program running in the process!

Enjoy, and maybe I will need your help in the near future?

Rick - Thanks for the memory refresher. I remember helping Jim out with his issue which my solution, even though it helped him & solved his problem, I took flak over offering the advice from other members here in the forum. No big deal, I got over it. Anyway, thank you for your help and in the mean time, I had gotten the 400,300,200ft working properly. One problem I'm experiencing now is Double call out Voices LOL. I'll tinker with it and figure it out. I like hearing those call outs, they help me immensely while flying VA trying to stick landings under 100fps. We have a military VA we fly on FSX and we all get together on Discord & chat. Good to have friends out there, thanks again for your help. Brian

Rick - Thanks for the memory refresher. I remember helping Jim out with his issue which my solution, even though it helped him & solved his problem, I took flak over offering the advice from other members here in the forum. No big deal, I got over it. Anyway, thank you for your help and in the mean time, I had gotten the 400,300,200ft working properly. One problem I'm experiencing now is Double call out Voices LOL. I'll tinker with it and figure it out. I like hearing those call outs, they help me immensely while flying VA trying to stick landings under 100fps. We have a military VA we fly on FSX and we all get together on Discord & chat. Good to have friends out there, thanks again for your help. Brian

Brian - Double callouts, like within seconds of the same callouts? Don't forget altitude callouts are all based upon above ground altitudes, so if the terrain is changing, so might your callouts, I get those around the 2500' altitudes, like 3 of them in a row! If you're talking about 2 voices for the same callout, I've never experienced that one before!

Anyway, enjoy!

Archived