This needs STUCK TO THE TOP, Fixing FSX errors during reinstall on windows 10

Amtran618

Loaded FSX up on a new laptop three days ago than uninstalled it because I could not get the head bobbing 3d panel to go away and remembered why I didnt like it to begin with 12 years ago and quickly decided to load FS2004 up. I was looking for a way to share cockpit with another person using multiplayer so I could help him learn instrument flying, shoot some approaches with the vis set to mins. I found out this is not an option in FS2004 but it is in FSX, so back to loading FSX, but it kept getting stuck not finishing install. I spent a whole day googling this and found some things that were supposed to fix the errors, they do, BUT YOU MUST DO THEM A SPECIFIC WAY, finally got the sim to load and play again. Hopefully this will get stuck to the top of the forum so no one else will have to go through the frustration I did in the last 24 hours.

This is real simple.

If you try to reinstall FSX on win 10 it will fail unless you

1. Download the Microsoft Software License Reset Tool http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/c/d/1cd508f9-7520-4659-a122-a26e8804e884/mskb928080.exe

2. Run it from command prompt AS ADMINISTRATOR, if you run it without selecting administrator you will not get the reset shown in the last line of the attached pic that says "clean trusted store" you must see that or it will fail on install AGAIN! Simply run as administrator and it will reset and FSX will install.

3. I had to clear the registry with CC Cleaner after using the reset tool, the FSX installer would not start until I ran cc cleaner and deleted the past failed installs.

Loaded and working fine now and activation was no issue it activated on first attempt.

I tried the sim before installing SP1 and after installing it, didnt notice much difference, I downloaded SP2 but havent installed it yet. What gains if any did you notice by installing the Service Packs?

Thanks

20190310_180503.jpg

20190310_180242.jpg

20190310_180128.jpg

cc.jpg

SP2 adds multiplayer compatibility and DX 10 compatibility.

FSX with just FSX SP1 seems a waste of time: The de Facto standard is SP1 and SP2, or Acceleration.

Use them or forever abandon any idea of support in forums as your setup will just be too idiosyncratic for anyone to be able to help.

SP2 adds multiplayer compatibility and DX 10 compatibility.

FSX with just FSX SP1 seems a waste of time: The de Facto standard is SP1 and SP2, or Acceleration.

Use them or forever abandon any idea of support in forums as your setup will just be too idiosyncratic for anyone to be able to help.

I found my old copy of Acceleration, I have installed SP1, do I run SP2 or just the Acceleration file?

_20190311_204857.JPG

I could not get the head bobbing 3d panel to go away

Did you try:

I think the "bounce" is controlled by:

MomentumEffect = No

in the Virtual Cockpit entry in Cameras.cfg.

as it was posted in your other thread?

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Did you try:

I think the "bounce" is controlled by:

MomentumEffect = No

in the Virtual Cockpit entry in Cameras.cfg.

as it was posted in your other thread?

I havent had time to change that setting Larry, thank you though for offering help. I am going to try your sugestions as well as Loyds and the others to. All I did was set default cockpit to 2D instead of 3D and that took care of the Howdy Doody bobbing up and down, it only happens in 3D.

EITHER SP1/SP2 OR Acceleration, so you will need to remove SP1 to install Acceleration - or install SP2 on top of SP1.

Is there a difference, between Acceleration and Sp1&2

Disregard, there must be a big diffeeence, I looked at the size of Acceleration file and its almost 3 gigs, and the combined service packs are only 400 megs, sevice packs are only 1/8 the size of Acceleration so it must have a lot more added to the sim

This is all the more reason to install FSX-Steam and avoid MS hassles and disc licensing...

BTW: Microsoft has left a message every day for months on my PC to re-enter an ID# and password.

I do not recall ever having getting, or having to enter either one - now I just ignore it: Actually, this could be a scam because Microsoft or some entity (?) requested that I pay $5.00 (thru PayPal) to recover the password and ID#...

Archived