FSX and FS2004 Real Weather Update

willemkelder

I have flow the past couple of days and had no problems, granted it is not weather that is up to date and may be not exactly the correct season, but it's usable and I get whatever the altimeter readings should be at the time.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hallo,

Is the server down forever or temperary?

rgds Willem Kelder

Microsoft has not renewed the contract with Jeppsen to provide updated weather for flight simulation. It will be whatever it is forever.

Hallo,

Is the server down forever or temperary?

rgds Willem Kelder

To answer your question. I have not been able to use it for a couple of days either. I'm assuming it's temporarily down as everyone seems to be asking the same question on FSX and FS2004. I always appreciate the dedicated foks in here, but it's hard to get a straight answer sometimes

Good Luck

It happens occasionally. I just wait until it comes back up. I've never gone the 3rd party route.

I hope this helps

Herk

Acer Predator AG3620-UR308, 3rd Gen. Intel Core i7-3770 processor 3.4GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology up to 3.9GHz (8MB Cache), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 SC (2GB), 2 TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, 12GB DDR3 SDRAM, Windows 8

I am relieved to see this thread. At first, I was thinking it was my computer. Real weather has been down for at least a week and a half. It's never been down this long. Hoping that it will be resolved. I am loading the weather from pilot weather sites. This gives me a chance to get familiar with the custom weather settings. Oh well ...........

What you were getting up until now must have been some kind of fluke. For quite some time now it hasn’t worked correctly. Microsoft did not renew the lease (makes sense, they don’t own or develope FSX anymore). If you want good weather, Active Sky Next is very good or settle for what ever work around you’ve found that fits your needs.
Jetline GT2, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, liquid cooled i7 9700K, 750 PSU, 2 TB SSD, MSFS 2020, P3D V4.5 and FSXSE.

The real world weather option inside fsx has not produced actual up to date weather for years. It seemed to work, but the weather it showed was nothing like the weather out in the real world.

(for example thunderstorm outside my window, raining hard, gale force wind from the southwest. In fsx calm, dry, and wind 0 knots from the north.)

now it gives that error message, but stil gives the same inaccurate weather. If you want weather changing over time you still can. Go to:

Options--Settings--Display. Go to the 'Weather' tab and set "Weather changes over time".

In case you actually want realistic weather. There are loads of freeware and payware weather addons that make real world weather show in fsx. "FSRealWx lite" for example. (These addon programs have been around for years. )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad i seen this post. I thought i was having a bad internet connection.I was about to start a post regarding this issue.Is there another alternative into downloading Real world Whether in FSX ?

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?315511-FSX-and-FS2004-Real-Weather-Update&p=2073408#post2073408

Glad i seen this post. I thought i was having a bad internet connection.I was about to start a post regarding this issue.Is there another alternative into downloading Real world Whether in FSX ?

There are numerous freeware and payware options.

Search the forum for whichever you prefer. It's come up a few hundred times since Jeppesen withdrew direct support for the FSX weather engine.

Doesn't seem to be accessible anymore. Has been over a week now, for me, that it has not downloaded.

I did a couple of flights yesterday (Monday) and had no problem with any error code. It probably wasn't the absolute correct weather, but close enough for me.

I purchased FS Global Real Weather a few days ago. If the server is reactivated by jeppesen, that's good. However, I've used FS Global for a few days and as a real world pilot and fs enthusiast my reaction was ........... oh, my God. This is as real as it gets!! I highly recommend.

March 8 2111Z. I'm currently hosting a server on FSX-SE and I have real world weather at KMIA. I checked it against the National Weather Service and it is correct. Steam gave me the option to use real world weather while hosting the server. I have not checked it in free flight nor have I checked the FSX box edition, or FS 2004.

Archived