Mississippi Cargo

ColR1948

Hi Rick, thanks mate, when I worked at EGCC Manchester I always thought there was something majestic about the big irons especially watching one taxi, the 747's, DC10's, MD11's, Tristar's, VC10's and 747's etc. When you were on the ground close to them they just had something about them.

I remember being on the ramp and seeing the last LAKER DC10 being picked up from Manchester to go to wherever after they went bust, the pilot circled and did a low level fly past, what sight to see it fly along the runway at about 5-600ft, it was awesome.

Having said that I also like the older prop jobs too lol.

Col.

Collin - I bet that was a sight to see! From a flight sim point of view, the 747's always intimidated me until one day I decided to get on one and stay with it until I felt comfortable. I soon realized, it was only the size to be in fear of, but in reality, they are very gentle to fly! Now I have several in my inventory!

I have a large assortment of aircraft, no particular allegience to any line of aircraft (props, jets, late model, vintage, military, NO helicopters), I like them all!

Thanks Collin for sharing your pretty lady! Rick :cool:

Hi Colin,

Your repaint skills are to be reckoned with. Keep up the good work.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Kalizzi, you flatter me, I don't think I'm that good, I can't use those graphics programs like the other painters, I can't get my head round them.

I only use FsRepaint, but I have always used it and know how it works, there are some aircraft it won't open believe it or not so I can't do them.

I wrote to Abacus, I asked if they are going to do a version for X-Plane but got no reply, I used a program called Paint.net for that but to be honest it isn't the same as FSrepaint.

Col.

@Kalizzi, you flatter me, I don't think I'm that good, I can't use those graphics programs like the other painters, I can't get my head round them.

I only use FsRepaint, but I have always used it and know how it works, there are some aircraft it won't open believe it or not so I can't do them.

I wrote to Abacus, I asked if they are going to do a version for X-Plane but got no reply, I used a program called Paint.net for that but to be honest it isn't the same as FSrepaint.

Col.

I too had played with FS Repaint V2. It is limited and somewhat cumbersome to use. I think the best bid is to use Photoshop and that needs a good learning effort, and I never had the time or the energy to tackle it. It is one of those to-do things that keep jumping back to the end of the queue. Having said that, I may wish to add that I still like your work. and you are on the right track.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sweet!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Flatterman, I downloaded it not long ago after my HD error, I gave it a try, it is a bit like Paint.net which I am more used to.

I tried installing Paint.net but for some reason it wouldn't install, any after a few tries I got it to come on, so I sometimes use that, especially if I paint an aircraft for X-plane.

Believe it or not I do have a couple of the more complex graphics programs on disk but like I said, I can't get my head round them, it might be my age but I have tried them and I end up getting confused, I've watched YouTube clips on them and even then I mess up lol.

Col.

Thanks, it was the same thing I felt. I have an old photoshop7. Easy and I am accustomed to. So I am content but I have to change my PC for painting to my old tirely W7 machine. The old PS doesn‘t work on a newer one and a new PS is too expansive.

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk happy landings

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

@Flatterman,

I've seen comments like this before when someone upgrades and the old software they paid for and liked no longer works.

I suppose if you had the technical know how you could have duel boot machine and boot to the old Windows os to run the software, I've often thought about doing it but knowing my luck it would be a disaster lol.

Col.

Sorry but I have not the technical know how and am happy my system works as it should do. I fear changes will bring me only disasters. I thougt you haven‘t heard from GIMP ;-) I am born at 1945 and not educated in electronic working. Just for fun

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk happy landings

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Archived