Real world weather

alqannatty

Hi, I don't know why, but for some reason, FSX isn't downloading real world weather anymore for me. It says "An error occurred while downloading Real-World Weather. Please check your Internet connection and configuration and try again." I have no idea why, I even turned off my firewall and security, and the problem still persists. The funny thing is that it was working fine just yesterday, and even before that! Please help!

This question has been posted ad nauseam. M$'s servers are not to be depended on anymore. You need a third-party weather engine like Active Sky Real Environment Extreme. There is something else that's apparently free that people use, but I can't remember its name. Since I use Active Sky 2016, I don't need that.

If you bothered to look at all the stickies. you would have saw this: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?262601-Microsoft-Weather

Hello,

Exactly the same here, it went off 48 hours ago! didn't want to start a thread but now that it is there, might as well report it. The only thing where I beg to differ is that it was working perfectly fine up to a couple of days back. Prior to that it yielded a fairly accurate weather representation of wherever I flew from (surprised Mr Zippy saying that the servers were down for some time now, maybe to do with me not using a US ISP?). I own a copy of REX Sky Force 3D which does inject real-time weather into the sim, but not with the same convenience.

NB: I did bother to look at the "stickies" but my weather didn't stop working 6 years ago. It stopped on the 16th of February 2019.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
Tried to download FSrealWX3.0 Close B today. Went through process to open and account. They said I needed to respond to an email to activate. Email was never received. When tried to login to report the problem it says I'm not a member so can't log in. Hang on maybe some day I'll catch up with my tail.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Archived