Bendix-king radio stack ap selections

Downwind66

Added a Bendix-King radio stack to a Spitfire download. When making altitude selections, the AP will only let me do it in 1000' increments?

Rate of climb will allow settings in 100' increments. How can I make a change to allow altitude selections in 100' increments?

I'm obviously overlooking something, maybe "old age" is creeping in?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Rick :cool:

Morning, Rick! Did you make any changes to [autopilot] in the aircraft.cfg? Are you using the one that came with the aircraft? I just noticed that my Alpha Spitfire came with the Bendix-King Stack.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Okay, I just copied the original radio stack back to the panel,. same thing. I forgot why I had replaced the stack, it was a mess in appearance,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but it still does the same 1000' increments.

Charlie - The file I used for downloading was fsx_supermarine_spitfire_updated.zip in this site's library. It shows as "updated" but the description says it is the whole aircraft. There is another file for download, maybe I chose the wrong one? Everything else is working fine. I just thought there was a selection for 100' increments somewhere else in FSX?

My original FSX Alpha Supermarine Spitfire Has the same Bendix Stack and the A/P will do 100 foot increments. It's panel folder contains the Bendix radio gauge while that download you specified did not. It also had a bunch of .cab files which are probably used to control all of the gauges and radio.

This is a shot of my original Spitfire showing the Radio stack and A/P altitude at 100.

Bendix.JPG

Charlie - I got everything working. Went with the second Michael Pook download, and I found all the panel's cabinet folders etc that you had mentioned. I deleted my first download and reloaded the second and did all my tweeking from there, and everything is good to go!

Nice download, for sure! Thanks for your help! Rick :cool:

Charlie - I got everything working. Went with the second Michael Pook download, and I found all the panel's cabinet folders etc that you had mentioned. I deleted my first download and reloaded the second and did all my tweeking from there, and everything is good to go!

Nice download, for sure! Thanks for your help! Rick :cool:

Glad to hear that something from our Library finally works!;)

If you're still interested in the original problem, the offending gauge is Ju87_Instr.gau, which places radio instruments in the VC. It is throwing repeating events which interfere with proper a/p function. I'm a little surprised you were able to select vertical speed in 100' increments.

If you comment out the three gauge elements in the VC, the problem should go away.

Doug

If you're still interested in the original problem, the offending gauge is Ju87_Instr.gau, which places radio instruments in the VC. It is throwing repeating events which interfere with proper a/p function. I'm a little surprised you were able to select vertical speed in 100' increments.

If you comment out the three gauge elements in the VC, the problem should go away.

Doug

Doug - I was only able to select altitudes in 100' increments after going to an entirely different download! I still have the compressed folder that was giving me problems, and I see the 3 files you are talking about. Those 3 files sitting in a VC cockpit environment could have been affecting the outcome on a 2D panel? Interesting!

It's working properly now, and I do appreciate your replying to the thread!

Rick :cool:

Archived