Bad weather escape!!

Rupert

I was out doing a little sight-seeing over NYC before the predicted weekend storm. I know the forecast is bad BUT DID YOU EVER SEE JFK MORE BACKED-UP THAN THIS!!:eek::eek:

jfk2.jpg

jfk6.jpg

I'm heading out of here too!

jfk8.jpg

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I've seen similar circumstances, but since I have adjusted my AI slider to 60% it's not so much of an issue anymore, and even at 60%, I still have a boat load of traffic. When I had it at 100% it was just chaos. And trying to talk to ATC was a nightmare. Especially descending into Southern California. I couldn't get a word in edge wise.

In real life you often see circumstances like this as well. Though, I don't think the line is quite that long. Helps to have more than one parallel runway. :D

I never see tons of traffic, I wish I did, especially in airspace which is is busy in reality. I assume that isn't default traffic?

Actually Andy, that backup was my fault. :o:o I was on the duty getting ready to take off when someone called and by the time I got back to the sim, everyone else had backed up behind me!

So I did the obvious, I took off and took tons of screenies of the mess I unintentionally had created. ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Lovely shots of JFK and quite a queue on that runway, seems you're not the only one who wants to leave.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is awesome! Causing a back up. Too funny!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived