edit CFG?

wrmcdo

Click on it and the texteditor will open. Safe after as cfg-file.

You could also change cfg to txt, then open wih notepad, edit and safe after as cfg!

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

or right clic on FSX.cfg and open with notepad.

Once you have add or modified what you want to(Highmemfix, Fiber_Frame, etc..),

make a backup. Even if FSX can create a new one (in case of corruption), it will not add

the changes that you did.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Can you be more descriptive? Do you need to know how to open the file or know what the values in the file do?

If you need to know how to open the file, it's just a text document so any text editor should open it. You can rename it temporally as aircraft.txt and open with Notepad. Or you can do what I and some others do and install Notepad ++, right click the aircraft.cfg file and open with Notepad ++. After you make your edits be sure to chose save.

To understand what the values are in the aircraft file are, read this and bookmark it as a reference. I've been meaning to download that whole web page for safe keeping in case Microsoft in their ever quest of being smart decides to pull the website. I don't think you can save the webpage from your browser, but might have to use a web spider add-on in your browser to download all of the content.

Anyway, and without further adieu, I give you the aircraft.cfg holy grail. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx#mozTocId38401

And edit-

Looks like you can save the webpage, but it looks like some HTML is missing, specifically linked anchors that allow you to click a link and take you directly to the relevant content. A web spider may fix that.

Can anyone tell me if there are legal implications if I web spider that webpage and upload that content here for downloading? :D

Keep in mind that editing the aircraft.cfg may, I say may be half the battle. Depending on what you are doing, you may need to also edit the air file. To do that download Air Ed here in the library, file name godaired.zip. I have no idea how to use it and can only guess what the values mean. The FSDeveloper community may be able to help you on that endeavor. http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/

Air Ed: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=137674

You have to be cautious when choosing an editor.

Some word processors can, and will, add symbols to the file that make it useless to the sim. They don't show them when you're doing the editing, but if you later open it in NotePad, or whatever, suddenly your file is chock full of "stuff" that the sim, and us humans, can't figger out.

That's why you always make a backup copy of the file before you start. If something goes pear-shaped, you just get rid of the edited file entirely, restore the backup, and start all over over.

Personally, I use NotePad, NotePad2, or NotePad++. I know those, and I know they're safe, so if something goes wrong, it's all my fault. A normal situation, anyway.

Have fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Another very good source for an .air file editor & other info is:

http://www.aero.sors.fr

His air file editor will open tables that are just number listing in Air Ed, as graphs - much easier to under stand, & if you are an aerodynamicist he also works in coefficient values not Microsoft values. I use both so that i can edit with Air Ed easier sometimes.

He also has AFSD which will give you live value readouts when test flying.

Its in English.

Keith

Archived