Rob's new Seafire

mrzippy

Mr Z - Nice download. Looks like this "Bad Boy" will "Boot, scoot and boogie!" and it's armed for a little excitement too! You better have a good neck for looking around that long nose!

Enjoy! Rick :cool:

Thanks, Rick! Great freeware aircraft! Didya notice the counter-rotating props?:D

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Charlie - Not familiar with that concept, are there 2 props attached, one goes clockwise and the other counter-clockwise? Sounds bizarre, but Volvo Penta has been doing that for years on some of their marine outdrives. Maybe they followed the Seafire concept?

In any event, I understand that keeps vibration down to 'nil! If I am totally misunderstanding your counter-rotating props mention, I do apologize. Nice looking download, for sure! Enjoy - Rick :cool:

Outstanding pic! :cool::cool: I visited Rob's site but I only see a Steam one. Where can I get the FSX one?:confused:

The steam one is the FSX one. God, I hope so cause that's the one I'm using:eek:

That's what I thought, I just found pics of the Seafire and it clearly shows the two props. Now, I read the Contra-Props are to offset torque!

Thanks Jan for pointing me to the Avro Shackleton video on YouTube. What a machine that was!

Rick :cool:

I also have Rob's Fairey Gannet with turbo powered counter rotators.

thumbnail.jpg

Charlie and Jan - Checkout this Seafire and you can really see the props in action!!

Rick :cool:

OK, time to show my age again! Watching those props reminds me of the "Eskimo Yo-Yo" I had as a kid:p:rolleyes:

OK, time to show my age again! Watching those props reminds me of the "Eskimo Yo-Yo"

Just great! We didn't have that in Europe!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

I say again: we didn't have the eskimo variant in Europe. I only saw the one-thread yoyo at one time in my youth

The eskimo variant is much amazing!!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Archived