Fellow Flight Simmers,

This will be a long post, so please bear with me. I've been playing FSX for over three years now, and I'm really good at it, except for maneuvering on the ground. The problem is that I have a disability where I am paralyzed from my knees to my toes. Because of this, the Saitek Rudder Pedals are out of the question. Can any of you think of some type of modification I could make so I'd be able to steer the plane without having to use the arrow buttons on my keyboard? I don't exactly have really good control using that method! I'm starting to fly online now, and I don't want ATC to think I'm flying drunk because I can't stay on the center line. Any insight you can provide is appreciated.

Regards,

Kevin Davis

+ 1 ............ I have flown both yoke and pedals, and the Logitech Extreme 3D joy stick, which I have now, and find the joy stick to be a much more precise control for all 3 axis.

Check on-line with the Best Buy stores.

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

+2...The Logitech Extreme 3D is a very durable unit and I've seen them from Staples, Office Max, for generally $35.00. I'm have been using mine for over seven years and just bought a spare when it went on Sale for $34. It's not perfect, but it doesn't cost $200 either. Good unit.. Terry

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

Hello Kevin,

Try a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick which I have used for a very long time. The handle twists to control the rudder and this is very practicable and has not distracted anything from the simulation experience. I am sure you'll find one used in good condition on eBay for next to nothing. And they are super tough and long lasting, too.

best of luck.

Khalid

Microsoft_SideWinder_Precision_2_Joystick.jpg

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can turn on autorudder and steer on the ground with your joystick (I presume you have one), which for most purposes will be satisfactory. If you really want rudder control on the ground or in the air, there are many options. You could look at
for a survey of most of them.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Hi Folks,

Been using a CH Products HOTAS for decades - the Pro Throttle has a full blown micro joystick under the thumb that works exceptionally well for a rudder... I’ve used both this micro joystick and rudder pedals - I am far more precise with the micro joystick... Given your situation I would highly recommend it... I fly for real as well and - no - I don’t get confused when in the cockpit - LOL...

0128befb2412c9b7ff34bbc2bfecaecb.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

Archived