Not as pretty as the D-18S!!

I don't know how many C-45 Expeditor downloads I went thru, before I found this one, one that everything actually works! He's not as pretty as the smaller D-18S, but he cruises around 186 KIAS (2100 rpm / 32" MP). He "Boots, Scoots and Boogies!" for sure!

2018-12-2_9-32-34-825.jpg

Rick :cool:

Not too shabby! Although, a little metal polish goes a long way....plus a hell of a lot of elbow grease!:cool:

Tell me about it. When I was a little guy, my Grand Father had a Cessna 180, 1953/54 Era, and he would always, say, "come on Rick, let's go flying!"

Well, before we could even try to get off the ground, he would open his trunk to his '57 Ford, and pull out all his assorted polishes. His 180 was bare metal with a cranberry red trim to it. He eventually had the whole plane painted, Yellow, black and white! I don't know how, but I still like the shine of bare metal, but back when I was little, I hated it!

This is the base model, I will find another repaint/texture to go with it!

That's one very fine looking ship, Rick. Twin tail, tail dragger, twin radials, I like it!

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I had a nicer looking C-45, but I just couldn't get the props to work properly. This download doesn't have the shine and luster that I love to see with polished bare aluminum, BUT, it does perform flawlessly! I'll take performance over looks any day!

Anyway, thanks for the comments! Rick :cool:

Could you tell us where you got it?

Sorry, Sparky - I just now read your reply. Had the shelves in my garage, one side, came tumbling down last night. Fixed now, but what a mess!

I found this download on a site called Perfect Flight, do a search for Beech C45 Expeditor, it's the download by Mark Rooks, file name is

c45fsx.zip. I really didn't have to tweek it very much. I have a collection of 8 - Beech D18S aircraft and I have a favorite panel I use for those, which I also chose to use in this aircraft. This download is not as pretty as my 18's, but it does perform a lot better!

@@@@@ Sparky - I just opened the zip file and there was one thing a little hokey about this download. Mark Rooks chose a DC3 panel for this aircraft. That would probably work okay, I have a DC3 panel in a B25, only because i wasn't getting good RPM out of the aircraft with the original panel. DC3 panel made that all better! If you want to try the download the way it is, let me know if you like it. I might have some suggestions on what you might be able to do for another panel. @@@@@

Perfect Flight, there is no sign-in requirement, so it's fairly easy to download from them.

Try the download, I am very pleased with it! Enjoy! Rick :cool:

No problem Rick. Couldn't find it at Perfect Flight with your link. Likely my fault. Not an expert by a long shot with these things. Did find it with peer's kink tho. I like the plane from the outside. Seems to handle well too. Too bad it uses the DC-3 cockpit. Also it records as a D-18 in the logbook and shows as a D-18 in the hangar. Why doesn't it show as a C-45?

You mention about an idea for a different panel. Likely would be wasting you time for me. Not an expert with these things> Someone else might be able to use it tho. Up to you. Thanks for the reply

No problem Rick. Couldn't find it at Perfect Flight with your link. Likely my fault. Not an expert by a long shot with these things. Did find it with peer's kink tho. I like the plane from the outside. Seems to handle well too. Too bad it uses the DC-3 cockpit. Also it records as a D-18 in the logbook and shows as a D-18 in the hangar. Why doesn't it show as a C-45?

You mention about an idea for a different panel. Likely would be wasting you time for me. Not an expert with these things> Someone else might be able to use it tho. Up to you. Thanks for the reply

Sparky - I will send you a PM, okay?

Here was my original Beech C-45 download, I really liked this texture, but I couldn't get the RPM higher than 2000 RPM, so out of frustration, I deleted it. Tonight, I decided to re-download it and work it a little bit. First attempt RPM's were up to around 2100, second try started acting up again. I walked outside to check our Christmas lights we put up yesterday, came back in and RPM's are up where they belong, airspeed is good again, and I have another pretty keeper! Download on this site if anyone needs it CP-45G.ZIP.

2018-12-11_20-40-16-162.jpg

Archived