Autopilot and Radio controls not working

Juraj256

Hey guys,

i recently set up my default B737-800 to start cold&dark. For few days it was working nicely, but than, after I started a free flight, autopilot and radio controls are still dark and not working. No matter what I try. AP and Radios are not working even when I switched back to Cessna 172 and turned back on everything.

Do you have any ideas what could go wrong please?

Thank you for any help.

Untitled.jpg

Master Avionics switch on? You do realize that it does not exist in the default 737-800. You can set up a key command for it or you can use the default C172 or default Baron 58 to set up a cold and dark "default flight" and make sure the Avionics switch is left on when you save it.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Master Avionics switch on? You do realize that it does not exist in the default 737-800. You can set up a key command for it or you can use the default C172 or default Baron 58 to set up a cold and dark "default flight" and make sure the Avionics switch is left on when you save it.

Charlie - Help me understand this! The OP is showing a panel, appears to be from a B757, not the default 737-800, am I correct? From the time I originally installed FSX, I used one of my B737-800 aircraft for the default flight, saved it, and have never had an issue with pulling up the radio stack. Most of the aircraft you just touch the Radio Icon and the, entire radio stack appears?

Okay, I just opened the panel.cfg from my B767, and yes, it is from the B757 and the entry for the radio stack, only shows gauge00=pr_B757!radio,

In that I have never had the problem with B737-800 (mine 737's have the default 737-800 panel), I've never heard of using key commands for turning on the avionics? The circled area at the top of the OP's panel does look like he is circling the autopilot windows. I don't ever remembering those ever being in the dark. I use this panel for my B767's and I must have done something along the way to have them power up all the time?

Just curious, just another thing to add to the dwindling memory bank upstairs!

Rick :cool:

Charlie - I think this might be the virtual cockpit panel, which might look totally different than the

B737 2d panel that I use! Forget I said anything! I'll just watch this post to see where it goes! Thx!

OP was only stating that he used the default 737-800 as a cold and dark startup (default flight, I presume). Doesn't really matter what panel he is showing in his screenshot.

Key commands can be setup for almost any thing you need, battery, alternators, Baro pressure, etc. Are you still using the trike over Friday Harbor as your default flight? If so, that's why you don't need to turn on your Avionics.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Could you please guide me where can I set up shortcut for it? In FSX settings I found "Master Ignition" only. Nothing about Master Avionics...

Thank you.

Jura - Okay, I feel bad about interrupting your conversation here, so let me help with what Charlie is suggesting:

1) Create a command key to be used for an Avionics Master Switch. Look at the keyboard, out of all those keys will you remember which one you created? I probably would forget!

2) Other suggestion, is to create a default flight with one of default C172's or the default Baron. I would use the C172 (Don't use the G1000).Pick your home airport, the one you use most often. Start FSX from your choice, choose a C172, and then when your are ready to set this aircraft up for a cold and dark "default flight", make certain the master avionics switch is "ON" (bottom of the panel,middle), make sure other settings are the way you want them, such as parking brake on CTRL + . shut the engine down and then in the upper left corner chose flight, save, name the flight with reference to it being default, and then check the small box save as default flight, click save. This will be your default. All other aircrafts will open "cold and dark" with the Avionics turned on and parking brake set.

Hope this works for you, and again, I apologize for butting in on your conversation!

Rick :cool:

Archived