Decent HD Add-ons

GunnerOIF2003

Well I've spent some time FSX flying, after a long time away. I've played every version and spent untold money on add-ons of all types.

That Said, I have an extremely high end desktop, graphics card, and two 27" 4k Monitors to give me lots of space for open windows. Nothing slows this pc down. I started just last week playing FSX on an old Dell Monitor, now I want to swap for the dual monitor setup.

So now I'm in the market of looking for the best add-on's - weather, tools, aircraft, planners, scenery, etc. I don't know where to look and trust that I'm getting the best experience. I fly everything, flew on VATSIM for years. VFR, IFR, anything works for me.

If anyone could make some recommendations I would be deeply grateful. I'm tired of the stock FSX Aircraft already and scenery as well as their flight planner. Since I'm retired I want to get back into Flight Sim because my war injuries won't allow me to pass a medical anymore. Flight Sims are the next best thing.

Most Grateful and regards,

Gunner-19

OIF 2003

US Army, (Ret)

After the changes I made it works great, I'll have to make a few more changes after I swap some hardware out. With the cpu (Intel i7-8086k, 4 ghz) I have and the GE Force GTX 1080 card, 1 TB SSD hard drive I have no issues with lapses, sputtering, etc. with every setting set as high as it goes. Most of my settings are custom in FSX to get the max out of the program. So, still looking for HD recommendations, The dual monitors I'm moving to are Dell UltraSharp 27 4K Monitor - U2718Q (2 of them), to give me more desktop space.

PS, not bragging, I just though my equip list would help.

Regards

Gunner-19

OIF 2003

US Army, (Ret)

I'm looking for C-130, F-4, 747 (various), V-22, decent scenery, better GPS and FMC, than stock in FSX Steam, as well as decent flight planner software, maybe some big Airbus and active Ground environment for Airlines.

Any suggestions would be extremely grateful. Freeway or Payware.

Best Regards.

Gunner-19

OIF 2003

US Army, (Ret)

I'm looking for C-130, F-4, 747 (various), V-22, decent scenery, better GPS and FMC, than stock in FSX Steam, as well as decent flight planner software, maybe some big Airbus and active Ground environment for Airlines.

Any suggestions would be extremely grateful. Freeway or Payware.

Best Regards.

C-130 from Captain Sim

F-4 from Milviz

747 from PMDG

V-22 from Maryadi (freeware)

Scenery from ORBX/FTX

Archived