Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FSX - Windows 10 October Update and/or Nvidia Driver Update

Default FSX - Windows 10 October Update and/or Nvidia Driver Update

Hi,

Has anyone experience an issue with FSX and the new Windows 10 October Update? The software will no longer load after the update. I'm also having an issue with Nvidia Driver update post the Windows October 2018 update. I'm waiting to see if a future update by Microsoft or Nvidia will fix the issue.

I already contacted Microsoft support and I keep getting push back that FSX is no longer a supported game.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue would be appreciated. It was working fine before all the new updates.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by igoren View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone experience an issue with FSX and the new Windows 10 October Update? The software will no longer load after the update. I'm also having an issue with Nvidia Driver update post the Windows October 2018 update. I'm waiting to see if a future update by Microsoft or Nvidia will fix the issue.

I already contacted Microsoft support and I keep getting push back that FSX is no longer a supported game.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue would be appreciated. It was working fine before all the new updates.

Thanks
    Be specific: What are your symptoms of `no longer loading` after the update?

What is the version number of the Nvidia drivers you have installed? What is the `issue` you have with them?

Have you tried installing/reinstalling them?

What you have tried is important, but you don't mention that either?

We cannot help unless you adopt an ordered, structured approach both to your problem presentation AND its remediation.

Back to you...

Wait.

Cheers,

[I] got the update and the nv driver......just finished a flight no problem...

Actually, the Windows 10 October Update is not out yet. It will come out on Tuesday, October 9th, US time. Some other updates have come out, I have not seem any issues with them. A new nVidia driver update, in preparation for the Windows 10 October Update, came out yesterday. No problems with that.

And it is totally futile to contact Microsoft for support of FSX. As far as they are concerned, FSX is an end-of-life product, and no support at all is available from them.

Jorgen

FSX no longer loads when clicked on the program file. I have already done a full uninstall and reinstall of the FSX software and no luck. The software is simply not loading. I have tried running the software through an admin account and with various compatibility settings upon launch.

As far as it looks. I already have the October 2018 update. It's being pushed out in stages. I have all the features discussed with the 2018 update. So I might be on a fast track channel for the upgrades.

I'm getting a error updating the Nvidia GeForce Experience Software. The last Nvidia driver was pushed about a week ago 9/27/18 which installed correctly (Not sure on version number (GF Experience won't load). GeForce Experience isn't installing correctly so if there is a new driver I haven't installed it yet.

On another note: I updated my X-Plane software and everything seems to work fine.

My next step is to wait for the future updates to come in to see if that remediates the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen.s.andersen View Post
    Actually, the Windows 10 October Update is not out yet. It will come out on Tuesday, October 9th, US time. Some other updates have come out, I have not seem any issues with them. A new nVidia driver update, in preparation for the Windows 10 October Update, came out yesterday. No problems with that.

And it is totally futile to contact Microsoft for support of FSX. As far as they are concerned, FSX is an end-of-life product, and no support at all is available from them.

Jorgen
    No, actually the Windows 10 October Update has been released and is available for download. It is being rolled out in phases so not all users will see it in Windows Update just yet.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...r-2018-update/

8. Default

If you allow asinine Windows to update your drivers, DON'T! I can't stress that enough. Read this:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/d...-on-windows-10

I would only download your drivers from the manufacture's website.

The only thing I can tell you now is try a system restore, or uninstall your GPU driver with Revouninstaller in Safe Mode and install the driver that worked or the latest driver from Nvidia's website.

Or you could wait, and wait and wait some more which is BS!.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    If you allow asinine Windows to update your drivers, DON'T! I can't stress that enough. Read this:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/d...-on-windows-10

I would only download your drivers from the manufacture's website.

The only thing I can tell you now is try a system restore, or uninstall your GPU driver with Revouninstaller in Safe Mode and install the driver that worked or the latest driver from Nvidia's website.

Or you could wait, and wait and wait some more which is BS!.
    The newest Nvidia driver is 416.16 and is designed to work with Windows 10 October 2018 update. The `BS` is to wait on updating EITHER if you've already allowed Windows its Update.

Which is why we need to know what driver our OP is using and how it was installed. About the only thing we know with certainty is that he/she /it (maybe bother to complete your Profile first, eh?) has already had the Windows Update installed.

416.16 is working perfectly with my Windows Updated rig with P3D. I'll be trying it later with FSX on another rig.

I have just updated both of my computers with both updates. No problems. Don't forget to update the Nvidia Inspector settings (if used).
    Last edited by Egsjr1956; 10-06-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1080
    CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K [email protected]
    Memory: 16.00GB Ram
    Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39” Monitor
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast