Replacing my hdd in a couple days, where are pilot records located?

Downwind66

I'm trying to copy anything I do not want to lose. Pilots records, I remember about being part of logbook entries, but I couldn't find that either?

I found the records and the logbook, but are these items somewhere else that I can print the files over to a disk, so I can transfer them to the new HDD FSX?

Any help, I would appreciate!

Thanks - Rick :cool:

No thanks, Charlie, that will do it for now! I am copying things as I think of them. I have all my flight plans copied to a disk, all my freeware downloads etc. I thought me purchasing the external HD and an imaging software program would solve or "make easier" the recovery in the event you need it. I think the external drive did as well as it could, but I have to get a better software. I took the free software from Acronis that is linked to Western Digital external drive purchases. Does some things, but I now know I need better, as it left me out in the cold when the computer crashed. Once I get the new drive installed, then I go shopping for new software and start over!

Thanks, Charlie, have a nice evening!

Rick :cool:

Just copy the logbook.bin file, the rewards.bin is in the same place as your FSX.cfg. Anything else that you are looking for?

Charlie - I'm sorry, but I can't find the logbook.bin or the rewards.bin files anywhere in FSX. I can find the logbook itself and the section that show rewards, but not the files that support those print-outs!

Anyway to point me in the right direction?

Thanks - Rickl

Other items you may want to copy if you're interested in keeping are your aircraft state.cfg files, this is what stores your call signs and your hobbs meter hours. These are located in your users/computer name/appdata/roaming/Microsoft/fsx/simobjects/airplanes/.

John Cottreau

Charlie - I'm sorry, but I can't find the logbook.bin or the rewards.bin files anywhere in FSX. I can find the logbook itself and the section that show rewards, but not the files that support those print-outs!

Anyway to point me in the right direction?

Thanks - Rickl

Charlie - I found the logbook.bin and rewards.bin files. I should be good now, I hope!

Rick

To find files really fast, and I mean really fast, check out Everything.exe by VoidTools. I use this exclusively and turn off HDD indexing.

https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

Edit-

Look for GrantedRewards.BIN as well. Note their file locations for when you put them all back.

Archived