Need Help with Blue Sky Scenery

Prostock

FSX-SE

Windows 10

I downloaded & tried to install Blue Sky Scenery but the Readme file was pretty much no help at all. Zip File Name - BSS_AFCADs_0718.zip It's on this page - http://www.blueskyscenery.com/GNB_South3West.html Please give instructions on how to do this so it shows. What I did so far which did not work.

Placed the 2 KPRC.BGL files in my Addon Scenery/scenery Folder.

Placed all the contents of FSXsceneryworldscenery Zip File into my FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery Folder per Instructed.

Placed the large contents of the Scenery Folder into my Addon Scenery/Scenery Folder. I don't think this was correct. Large content, thousands of files now in there Now. NOW WHAT?

Help needed. Scenery does not show up like shown on Blue Sky Page. Thanks in advance.

Those are the AFD (Airport Facility Data) files for the airports, not the photoscenery files.

The photoscenery files will be in GNB_South3West_FSX.zip.

That is a big bunch of files (4971 files) to add to Addon Scenery\scenery. I would be tempted to give them their own scenery area.

If you want to change your file setup, you could search by date to isolate those files.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Those are the AFD (Airport Facility Data) files for the airports, not the photoscenery files.

The photoscenery files will be in GNB_South3West_FSX.zip.

That is a big bunch of files (4971 files) to add to Addon Scenery\scenery. I would be tempted to give them their own scenery area.

If you want to change your file setup, you could search by date to isolate those files.

peace,

the Bean

The ChiliView Series - Buena Vista, Central Colorado Reg. (KAEJ)

Bean............ i was able to search by date and found 4973? Files. I CUT & PASTED THEM TO A FOLDER. Now what should I do with them?

So I installed "The photoscenery files will be in GNB_South3West_FSX.zip" into my scenery Library & activated, Still nothing. I noticed there is No Texture Folder with the DL as is with all my other Addon Scenery. What am I missing? Also, there is no Airport KAEJ but I did find where the scenery should be in Buena Vista Colorado. No Scenery though.

The problem is that you heard about blue sky and freemeshx only half an hour ago. You immediately downloaded in installed.

Instead you should have googled the subject for as long as you needed to understand it all. What it is. And how to install it.

There are plenty of threads about this, why waste that valuable resource you have available.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. Create a folder like C:\BlueSky

2. Inside that folder create a Scenery sub folder.

3. Paste all the bgls from Bluesky into the sub folder.

4. Start FSX and add the scenery to the Scenery library in FSX.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I have 14,892 buttloads of BLUESKY scenery .bgls in my Addon Scenery/Scenery folder. Not in any particular order (alphabetical) covering Washington, Oregon, California,, and Wyoming. You need to start FSX and watch the loading bar adding the scenery before going to your free flight screen.

Be SURE not to add any scenery like this with FSX running!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I have 14,892 buttloads of BLUESKY scenery .bgls in my Addon Scenery/Scenery folder. Not in any particular order (alphabetical) covering Washington, Oregon, California,, and Wyoming. You need to start FSX and watch the loading bar adding the scenery before going to your free flight screen.

Be SURE not to add any scenery like this with FSX running!

Mr Zippy - FSX was closed. I downloaded the one scenery GNB_South3West_FSX.zip and installed as described above. I DID NOT install FreeMessX, I only downloaded the Torrents. Those are sitting in a separate file folder on my desktop. I installed GNB_South3West_FSX.zip as Instructed in it's Readme. I then closed FSX and then re-fired FSX & watched the Loading Bar adding the scenery. Still there is nothing. KEEP IN MIND - Although I am just getting back into FSX, I have owned the game & been a member here in this Group since 2006 which is longer than some of you gentlemen. Yes I am rusty at the do's and don'ts of installing scenery & aircraft, but I am not a total NOOB. Thanks for any help you guys can help me with. It would be nice to get this particular scenery working but if it won't work, it won't work. BELOW ARE PICTURES OF WHAT I'M SEEING AT BUENA VISTA COLORADO.

20180823183329_1.jpg

20180823183312_1.jpg

The problem is that you heard about blue sky and freemeshx only half an hour ago. You immediately downloaded in installed.

Instead you should have googled the subject for as long as you needed to understand it all. What it is. And how to install it.

There are plenty of threads about this, why waste that valuable resource you have available.

il88pp - I heard of Blue Sky & Freemeshx long ago, I just never DL'd any of the scenery. Yes, when it was mentioned I did go dl one scenery and tried to install and get it working. As far as Freemeshx goes, I only dl'd it to a folder on my desktop, have not installed it yet because I need to research it some before I attempt it. Thanks for your input.

What I mean is, you said you found the install instructions no help, but installed it anyway. And you put loads of files in folders without being sure. It sounds a bit rash.

If you find install instructions unclear look for threads from people that asked help with installing.

I probably did too, back when I installed it.

After the fact, yes, but hopefully before the next one.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I mean is, you said you found the install instructions no help, but installed it anyway. And you put loads of files in folders without being sure. It sounds a bit rash.

If you find install instructions unclear look for threads from people that asked help with installing.

I probably did too, back when I installed it.

After the fact, yes, but hopefully before the next one.:)

The instructions for BSS_AFCADs_0718 I found to be no help. Not the instructions for GNB_South3West_FSX.zip. Slow down and read I think you once mentioned to me or someone did. LOL

Like I posted in Mr Zippy's reply thread, I've been a member here in the group since 2006, I've owned the sim since before that, forgotten it's been so long. I recently reinstalled the box edition and then uninstalled it and dl'd FSX-SE so I'd be current............. So, I do have some experience and allot of rust. So, it may seem rash but it's actually I like to try to figure things out on my own if I can..... So, I installed the scenery going back to what I've been able to remember from years ago, allot of trial and error, mostly error but everything can be fixed is my mentality. So I tried and failed, I did research Google & Looked for previous posts but came up empty, So, next step was to post it to the group. Still can't get the scenery working, frustrating but I'll keep trying. I am totally lost on the FreeMeshX as it downloaded Torrents and I have no clue. There are NO Zip files as the page says there should be. Any help here again would be appreciated. Maybe I need the FreeMeshX installed before the Buena Vista Scenery will work? I don't think they have to work together but it's a learning process and maybe someone will help. Thank you

Ok, so here's another Question about this scenery...... Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place for it when I go Fly it. GNB_South3West_FSX.zip Says it is located at Buena Vista Colorado KAEJ. I don't find a KAEJ airport in my directory........ But when I type in Buena Vista, it's comes up with that location. There is nothing there but two buildings and a runway. Looks like smoke on the ground out in from of me and low hanging clouds everywhere. Maybe I'm in the wrong starting location????

Maybe I can help with FreeMeshX. You need special software to retrieve the files that the torrent points to. I use qBittorrent. It's free and very easy to use. FreeMeshX is a big download and takes a while. The software lets you pause a restart if you need to.

Don

FSX-SE

Windows 10

Is FSX installed in the Program Files folder?

...Zip File Name - BSS_AFCADs_0718.zip ...

Placed the 2 KPRC.BGL files in my Addon Scenery/scenery Folder.

Those two extra files for KPRC are for use with P3D, not FSX. You can delete those two (the P4 versions) and use the P3 versions for FSX.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Bean............ i was able to search by date and found 4973? Files

The two extra files are explained above.

I CUT & PASTED THEM TO A FOLDER. Now what should I do with them?

I would create a new folder named Blue Sky Afcads. In that folder I would create a new folder named scenery. In that folder I would place the 4971 files, then add Blue Sky Afcads to the FSX Scenery Library.

I noticed there is No Texture Folder with the DL as is with all my other Addon Scenery. What am I missing?

Nothing. FSX photoscenery files have the textures compiled into the .bgl files.

Also, there is no Airport KAEJ but I did find where the scenery should be in Buena Vista Colorado. No Scenery though.

See below.

BELOW ARE PICTURES OF WHAT I'M SEEING AT BUENA VISTA COLORADO.

Those pictures are so small and of such poor resolution as to be unusable.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Says it is located at Buena Vista Colorado KAEJ. I don't find a KAEJ airport in my directory..

The default identifier for that airport is 7V1, KAEJ does not show up because you do not have the new afcads in an active scenery folder.

There is nothing there but two buildings and a runway.

Sound like you are seeing the default airport.

Looks like smoke on the ground out in from of me and low hanging clouds everywhere. Maybe I'm in the wrong starting location????

You are at 8000 feet, so low clouds is to be expected in the sim.

Try slewing up 2000 feet and look around.

Also, review this video regarding adding to the Scenery Library-

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Is FSX installed in the Program Files folder?

Those two extra files for KPRC are for use with P3D, not FSX. You can delete those two (the P4 versions) and use the P3 versions for FSX.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The two extra files are explained above.

I would create a new folder named Blue Sky Afcads. In that folder I would create a new folder named scenery. In that folder I would place the 4971 files, then add Blue Sky Afcads to the FSX Scenery Library.

Nothing. FSX photoscenery files have the textures compiled into the .bgl files.

See below.

Those pictures are so small and of such poor resolution as to be unusable.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The default identifier for that airport is 7V1, KAEJ does not show up because you do not have the new afcads in an active scenery folder.

Sound like you are seeing the default airport.

You are at 8000 feet, so low clouds is to be expected in the sim.

Also, review this video regarding adding to the Scenery Library-

peace,

the Bean

Is FSX installed in the Program Files folder? FSX INSTALLED TO STEAM FOLDER ON C: Drive. EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS FINE INCLUDING MANY OTHER SCENERY'S & PLANES.

ADDED Blue Sky Afcads to the FSX Scenery Library as You Advised by making BlueskyAFCADS folder with sub folder Scenery. SEEMS TO WORK NOW. I GUESS I WAS EXPECTING BETTER GRAPHICS.

BETTER PICTURE POSTED I HOPE.

The default identifier for that airport is 7V1, KAEJ does not show up because you do not have the new afcads in an active scenery folder. I INSTALLED AFCADS FILES AS YOU SAID, KAEJ STILL NOT SHOWING.

You are at 8000 feet, so low clouds is to be expected in the sim. OK

I FLEW AT ALL ALTITUDES, VISUALLY NOT AS EXPECTED. I GUESS MY EXPECTATIONS ARE TOO HIGH OR I'M STILL DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

How too video:

YES, I INSTALLED SCENERY TO LIBRARY MANY TIMES & ACTIVATED. SURE I DID IT CORRECTLY AS THE I WATCHED THE FILES BUILD. TOOK SOME TIME.

Thank you for your help String Bean

20180823220401_1.jpg

Maybe I can help with FreeMeshX. You need special software to retrieve the files that the torrent points to. I use qBittorrent. It's free and very easy to use. FreeMeshX is a big download and takes a while. The software lets you pause a restart if you need to.

Don

Thanks Don - I already dl'd the FreeMessX torrents which did not take long at all. Maybe they're not complete, I guess I'll find out.

As for qBittorrent program. I dl'd the program. Where should this be installed? Does it matter if it is installed in Program Files (86x) or should it go somewhere else?

Thanks Don - I already dl'd the FreeMessX torrents which did not take long at all. Maybe they're not complete, I guess I'll find out.

As for qBittorrent program. I dl'd the program. Where should this be installed? Does it matter if it is installed in Program Files (86x) or should it go somewhere else?

The torrent is just a pointer to the location of the file. That's why it is so small. Just install qBittorrent in its default location. When you run it click on the add torrent file icon at the top. Show it where the torrent is and click the triangle play icon, and let it do its thing.

Don

Most Windows programs can, and typically should be, installed to the default Program Files or Program Files (x86) location. FSX is different because there are files inside the install directory that users and/or add-ons may need to edit. This in turn triggers the Windows UAC protections which will then try to prevent the edits. Installing the sim elsewhere gets around this without disabling UAC. Most modern applications are designed such that any files users may need to edit are created in the User's home directory, usually under the hidden AppData directory, or in the ProgramData folder.

From your screenshot I can see that the photoreal scenery is working.

If I have time tomorrow I will look into the afcad issue, or someone else might find the problem.

If you go to KAEJ, does it show up on the map and/or the GPS?

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Most Windows programs can, and typically should be, installed to the default Program Files or Program Files (x86) location. FSX is different because there are files inside the install directory that users and/or add-ons may need to edit. This in turn triggers the Windows UAC protections which will then try to prevent the edits. Installing the sim elsewhere gets around this without disabling UAC. Most modern applications are designed such that any files users may need to edit are created in the User's home directory, usually under the hidden AppData directory, or in the ProgramData folder.

Thanks Loki - Trying to be Safe rather than Sorry. Ask questions before I make a critical Mistake.

From your screenshot I can see that the photoreal scenery is working.

If I have time tomorrow I will look into the afcad issue, or someone else might find the problem.

If you go to KAEJ, does it show up on the map and/or the GPS?

peace,

the Bean

Bean - I'm able to start at correct location by either entering Colorado Regional in airport, 7V1 in identifier or Buena Vista in location. I'm assuming this is KAEJ, that is the airport in my screen shot but again, there is only 2 buildings there so it could be the Default Scenery? I don't know what it's suppose to look like. If you figure it out, let me know and I'll attempt to apply fix. Thank you

OK, my bad. I thought I saw a new afcad for KAEJ in the list, what I saw was KAEG. That is what I get for doing this stuff when I am tired.

So, no, you will not find KAEJ in the selection list, nor will you see it on the map or GPS.

As noted, in FSX that airport uses the old 7V1 ID.

If you have the new afcads in an active scenery folder, this is what you should see there (note-I do not have the photoscenery installed, this is in reference to the buildings only)-

Capture.JPG

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

OK, my bad. I thought I saw a new afcad for KAEJ in the list, what I saw was KAEG. That is what I get for doing this stuff when I am tired.

So, no, you will not find KAEJ in the selection list, nor will you see it on the map or GPS.

As noted, in FSX that airport uses the old 7V1 ID.

If you have the new afcads in an active scenery folder, this is what you should see there (note-I do not have the photoscenery installed, this is in reference to the buildings only)-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204608[/ATTACH]

peace,

the Bean

Hi Bean - Yes, My scenery looks just like yours, same buildings so I assume everything is in place & working properly now. I took some screen shots but they are all tiny like the one's I first posted, I don't know why because some screen shots come out perfect size while the one's I take in this scenery come out tiny. Anyway, all is good. Thanks for your help.

Archived