DH-89a Rapide Cranwell-East Kirkby (FSX dusk flight)

peer01

De Havilland DH-89a Rapide on a hazy evening flight over the UK from College Cranwell RAF-Base to the former WW2 base of East-Kirkby.

The DH-89 wears one of the most beautiful FS repaints in my opinion.

FSX Gold Edition incl. Acceleration

Freeware Dh-89a Rapide for FSX V3

Freeware College Cranwell RAF Base scenery

Freeware RAF Coningsby scenery

Freeware RAF East-Kirkby RAF scenery

Freeware Drzewiecki grass textures

Freeware HDE-V2 clouds.

Take of from the grass strip of College Cranwell, over RAF Coningsby to East Kirkby. A very short flight, but there's a lot to see!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Passing RAF Coningsby

11.jpg

12.jpg

The rest of the flight in the reply:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please click on the pics to enlarge:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204555[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204556[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204557[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204558[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204559[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204560[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204563[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204564[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204565[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204566[/ATTACH]

Thanks for your visit, I hope you liked the pics,

GREETS!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greats ones! And some of them much great ones! And a serene flight! And like you state, a much fine livery for that De Haviland

On the other hand, I wonder whether the DH89 generally, was not used by varied illustrious characters by early WW2. I think French de Gaulle flew a DH89 from Bordeaux to England, when fleeing the invasion of France, or even Spaniard General Franco when he flew from Morocco to Spain by the early Spanish Civil War some years before :pilot: De Haviland likely was such a provider of such workhorse planes at the time?

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Gerard and Zippy: much appreciated! :):) These birds even flew in South America and the US. There was no liquid challenge nearby.....;) Only in the bar...:o:o

Oh, and I have no clue why pt.2 is posted twice! :mad: Must be Rick's fault! PAH!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome pretty, nice flying "Luxury Comfortable"

fb_thumbup-logo.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"

Fine one too! But isn't it something looking like water -- rain water indeed, but water -- nearing the landing gear of the plane?! :):):)
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Fine one too! But isn't it something looking like water -- rain water indeed, but water -- nearing the landing gear of the plane?! :):):)

Hey G'erard, give him a break! Old habits are hard to change!!;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived