Re-install FS9

Jive1

I had recently to re-install FS9, I did that already very often, because I fly FS9 since it came out in 2004, and from time to time there happens something inexpected, and FS9 stops working, and then I must re-install, just like this time.

But this time something goes wrong with teh newly installed FS9... Exactly every 9th second, there is a disturbing 'shock' in all moving aircraft. In fact, every 9th second ( exactly 9 seconds each time ) the FS9 engine 'stops' for half a second or so, and one can see that in the entire picture on the screen, and this is really very disturbing…

Is there anybody who knows what this can be, and how to repair that? I can, of course, again start to re-install FS9, but so I don't learn what to do the next time when this possibly happens.

I have Win10 and a very recent and excellent computer with 16Gig RAM. But in fact that doesn't matter, I really had this fault never before, even not with previous versions of Windows and with even less RAM…

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

If you have to re-install FS9 often, wouldn't it be easier to take a back up of your whole system each week and just restore to a working one?

A weekly back up is a good idea anyway, I've always done it and it's resolved all manner of problems when things suddenly don't work.

Hey!

A weekly backip is OK. What I do, is....

I've always two sets of FS9, an old one ( FS9-old), from before the new setup, and a new setup ( FS9). When I have to re-install, for whatever reason, I rename the old one to FS9, I do an uninstall according to the regular rules, and make a new setup of FS9. Then I copy all data ( addon sceneries, aircraft, tewtures, etc ) to this new setup ( FS9 ), and I delete the older one ( FS9-old ). Meanwhile I have a new 'old set' and a new FS9 set. It takes me ca. 2 hours of work, and I can start flying with the newly set up of FS9 using all data like they were before. My FS9 is exactly similar to before, except for the engine and a few other files, these are clean as in a first time set up of FS9. This way of working gives me full satisfaction, because each time that I do so, I feel that the new setup is better than before, it is faster that before…

A complete backup of FS9 keeps maybe all unnecessary and unclean files that came in during the use period without knowing, and the result of the backup will not be faster than before…

This is my way of doing.

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Archived