Kiss of the Spider Woman "The deadly Black Widow"

mrzippy

Couple of good pics. of the Black Widow Charlie. :cool: :cool: I wonder who thought that such brightly colored camouflage would provide even a slight bit of stealth to this warbird? :confused:

Thanks, Larry! Bright colors to attract mates or flies??

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Like all von Peerhovens, I'm not a very great fan of big spiders.... I'm running out of our house, crying out loud and leaving everything and everyone I love behind, when I see one in our bedroom.....:eek::rolleyes::eek:

But I like your Black Widow Zippy! :cool::cool::cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Couple of good pics. of the Black Widow Charlie. :cool: :cool: I wonder who thought that such brightly colored camouflage would provide even a slight bit of stealth to this warbird? :confused:

Actually Charlie, there was more than one way to kill a Charlie in Vietnam. We had "Puffs" which flew around slowly at low altitude at night with all exterior lights on They were hoping Charlie would take some pot shots at the Puff!! If so observers usually spotted the muzzle flash then the Puff would roll over into a steep bank and shells would rain down on the shooter's location.

It was amazing all the tracers coming down looked close enough together and large enough it resembled a lighted bridge. Imagine a string of lights starting at the plane and in a second or so extending all the way to the ground. Then when the Puff stopped firing the string of lights went out. :cool::cool: WE LOVED THAT SIGHT!!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks, Jan and Michael! Jan, as long as the spider isn't a black widow or brown recluse, I usually just pick 'em up and put 'em outside. Now, those big ugly, hairy tarantulas...feets don't fail me now!

Charlie, perhaps you can help me with mine. The engine noise within the cabin is very loud, whereas the engine noise out side is comparatively weak. Is the anyway to reduce the volume inside the cabin, and increase it outside the cabin ?
Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Charlie, perhaps you can help me with mine. The engine noise within the cabin is very loud, whereas the engine noise out side is comparatively weak. Is the anyway to reduce the volume inside the cabin, and increase it outside the cabin ?

I would go to the Sound setting in FSX/Settings and move the cockpit slider down to the left. That should reduce the amount of cockpit engine noise. My outside engine sounds seem to be spot on.

Looking through the sound.cfg I am finding that for the combustion sounds the OutsideConeVolume=10000 is the max volume.

OutsideConeVolume=10000

Archived