The Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome

GBJim

I installed the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome scenery in my FSX SE today. This was always a fun place to go to when I lived back in that neighborhood. I also posted a very short video of it down below in the Video Forum. Enjoy. >>>>

Jim

Rh 2.jpg

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Jim - Years ago, I made a point of driving up to see the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome. This was back in the late sixties and it didn't even look as elaborate as your pic shows. The airfield was there, but not anything going on. Very quiet and serene!

My future "bride to be" at the time, said "you brought me all the way up here to see this?" YEP, I did, but for my interest in seeing it!

Thanks Jim, brought back memories.

LOL ...... Rick, I understand completely. I lived 3 miles from the Aerodrome back in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. They only had shows on Sundays, and during the week it was very quiet. And then after Cole Palen died, the place really went downhill. But I guess that the place still exists, and has maybe even come back a little. Yes, good memories. :)

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Yeah, Jim, I think we drove thru the little entrance dead into the runway, it was on a weekday, so I assumed the place must only come alive on the weekends, never did go back! it was so quiet, it felt like an old ghost town. i just pulled up some of the You Tube videos and it looks like they have a lively show there on weekends! That is country living up there, for sure! I bet when you tell people you are from New York, they quickly think New York City. If they only knew, the country atmosphere you were raised in!

Very nice, Jim! Thanks for sharing with us! Rick :cool:

Hey!

Checked that on the Internet, looks like a fine idea to have such a location dedicated to vintage planes (and even cars, from what I read)!!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Archived