Anybody with a freeware Shupe D18S/SNB tempted by the new Carenado D18?

dogdish

That Carenado is Purdy! However I'll be waiting for it to go on sale.

No repaints for it yet either.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Not entirely true look here : https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?312166-Alligator-Airways

As always JanKees has been very busy and he's no slouch when it comes to "knocking" out repaints as there is another previewed below this one.

John

As always, wait for the inevitable patches and wait for the necessary sale reduction before purchase. There are many minor problems with the initial release which you can read about on the Unofficial Carenado forum.

As it stands? Not ready for prime time, so performs beautifully for screenshots...

Bingo!

I just purchased this aircraft, it is top notch!

Beautiful panel, great looking exterior models.

They also included some nice wing views from inside.

One gripe though, takes an inordinate amount of trim

wheel to get the nose down. Other than that I am extremely pleased!

Very pleased :)

Aaron

As always, wait for the inevitable patches and wait for the necessary sale reduction before purchase. There are many minor problems with the initial release which you can read about on the Unofficial Carenado forum.

As it stands? Not ready for prime time, so performs beautifully for screenshots...

No idea why you had to quote my post , I was merely pointing out that repaints are being made and that for a product that has only just been released .

Have just seen that JanKees has previewed yet another repaint for the D18S and knowing him , more will follow .

John

I see the Shupe wheeled model has been updated d18swfsxms.zip as of 07/04/2017 and there is also a update to the amphibian model d18samfsx.zip as of 01/29/2018. Time to get busy.

No doubt Carenado's marking plan will include a amphibian add-on at additional cost.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

No idea why you had to quote my post , I was merely pointing out that repaints are being made and that for a product that has only just been released .

Have just seen that JanKees has previewed yet another repaint for the D18S and knowing him , more will follow .

John

I didn't, it just appeared after your post.

The reply remains as relevant as ever whenever a Carenado aircraft is mentioned.

Archived