Lag spike touchdown

ital

Hello,

When I land on any runway I always get a lag spike on touchdown with any aircraft even default ones. Is this normal for FS2004 users? :confused:

I removed the effect file that makes smoke of the wheels when touching down if that helped to reduce the lag but no it's still lag spike, like 0.3-0.5 seconds.

Specs :

I7-3770 @ 3.4Ghz - 3.9Ghz

16GB RAM DDR3 @ 1600Mhz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB

It does happen from time to time, and depends on the complexity of the scenery rather than the aircraft itself. Larger and highly detailed airports with high AI traffic levels are the usual suspects.

Sent from my 5044Y using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hello,

When I land on any runway I always get a lag spike on touchdown with any aircraft even default ones. Is this normal for FS2004 users? :confused:

I removed the effect file that makes smoke of the wheels when touching down if that helped to reduce the lag but no it's still lag spike, like 0.3-0.5 seconds.

Specs :

I7-3770 @ 3.4Ghz - 3.9Ghz

16GB RAM DDR3 @ 1600Mhz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB

t is almost certainly the touch-down sounds, not the smoke effect.

Try replacing them with smaller sound files from elsewhere, or compressing the files by editing the quality.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Thanks for replies gentlemen.

johnhinson, I could try something with it but do you know which file(s) exactly? I opened the sound folder and there are many of them.

I have no idea, as you haven't said which aircraft are affected.

In the sound directory of the aircraft concerned, open the sound.cfg file in a text editor. Don't edit, save or alter anything at this stage but just scroll down to view a section that looks like this:

[center_TOUCHDOWN]

filename=cmtouch2

flags=0

viewpoint=1

[left_TOUCHDOWN]

filename=cmtouch1

flags=0

viewpoint=1

[right_TOUCHDOWN]

filename=cmtouch3

flags=0

viewpoint=1

In that example the filenames are cmtouch1.wav, cmtouch2.wav and cmtouch3.wav.

If the files concerned are not in the aircraft's sound directory, they will be in the main FS sound directory. Those three examples are indeed in the main directory and would perhaps be good ones to use in place of the ones giving you grief. To do that you could just edit the sound.cfg file to their names.

Usual rules apply - backup before editing . . .

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Quote: '..could just edit the sound.cfg file to their names'.

As John said, edit the NAME in sound cfg for troubleshooting. Can be put back as original if you want. What I do is use the sound file name called 'silence'. You will get no sound from that file name. Like this:

[center_TOUCHDOWN]

filename=silence //o=cmtouch2

flags=0

viewpoint=1

You can do this to flaps sound, gear sound, etc. Hope this helps.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: But the lag is probably due to scenery or AI loading as you are landing (FltSim WOULD do that - hehe). An AI you can not see but it's there. At big airport you may have 5 tubes on approach to airport, that you can not see, depending on your AI settings of course. ANY scenery loading might produce lag too even if you have a 4.0 Ghz CPU. It's just fltsim being old, that's all.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thanks for further inputs. I'm glad to report so far so perfect.

Not a single lag spike after a few landing tries on 2 different locations but without AI around as I'm adding them carefully from zero (I had a lot before and multiple fp so I'm doing a full overview haha)

My graphics and sceneries are maxed and I don't have many environment addons installed such as cities sceneries, ground sceneries, airport addon, etc...

I guess it's ok if it will still happen but surely it doesn't look as much as before because even without AI I still used to lag spike almost 98% of the time with all of the rest addons.

I just removed these sections from the sound.cfg file of the b737-400...

[left_TOUCHDOWN]

filename=bmtouch1, bmtouch2, bmtouch3, bmtouch4

minimum_volume=10000

[center_TOUCHDOWN]

filename=bmtouch5, bmtouch6, bmtouch7, bmtouch8

minimum_volume=10000

[right_TOUCHDOWN]

filename=bmtouch9, bmtouch10, bmtouch11, bmtouch12

minimum_volume=10000

You could of done this (as below) and it would of worked. Just saying...

[left_TOUCHDOWN]

filename=silence //o=bmtouch1, bmtouch2, bmtouch3, bmtouch4

minimum_volume=10000

[center_TOUCHDOWN]

filename=silence //o=bmtouch5, bmtouch6, bmtouch7, bmtouch8

minimum_volume=10000

[right_TOUCHDOWN]

filename=silence //o=bmtouch9, bmtouch10, bmtouch11, bmtouch12

minimum_volume=10000

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived