Fall flight in 2000 AD

Without taking away Aharon's thunder I thought on this hot steamy July day in Kentucky, I'd like a change of climate. I also am hugely tired of all the hassle around even GA airports and the US/CDN border. So today I'm going to take the Way-Back Machine and fly from Burlington Vermont to Mansonville Canada in early November 2,000.

We were asked to fly a couple from Burlington to Mansonville so they could check out how much snow had already accumulated on their, and my, favorite New England ski resort Jay Peak Vermont.

So we flew into Burlington and taxied right up to the parking lot so they'd not have to walk far. Then proceeded to cross the border for lunch without worrying about border crossing issues. And return, again without issues at the border.

Please enjoy a simpler time,

Michael

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Please be patient. I will add a few more to finish the trip in the Reply.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks for your patience!! As you can see from the shots above and below, the snow has stopped for now, but the ski trails will be ready to ski once they are covered!!

So after a tricky cross-wind landing we went inside and ate our $100 (Cdn) hamburgers in Mansonville. C.U. on the slopes by December!!;):cool:

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Michael

OK Bob!! I just noticed I left myself hanging out on this post!!!:o:o The thread title should have indicated the year was 2,000 AD, not 2,00 AD

I don't how to change the title so I'll just grin and bear the abuse!

Hi Rupert!

Fine -- refreshing -- views, fine story. Do I count that one like a one with stone in there? :):)

Hey G'erard,

Any hill taller than a pine tree in this area is almost certain to consist mostly of granite! So I say it's grass and some snow covered granite. ;)

MIchael

BTW: I do have a few more bare rock locations to include. But I thought, with a heat index of over 100F everyday, a little snow squall in the middle of the day would be very refreshing!:cool::cool:

"with a heat index of over 100F everyday"

We have the same in France lately. Usually hard to bear, but it's good for any wheat before harvesting! :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

A very refreshing cool weather flight over beautiful snow covered scenery Michael. :cool: :cool: But, a $100 burger? Hope you got fries with that. :D

Hi Larry,

I'm referencing an old GA theme. Lets fly someplace to have a hamburger for lunch. So when you figure in the costs of the round trip flight, you're lucky if that burger only costs you $100!;)

Very chilly flight. Hope that $100 burger came with hot sauce and steamy coffee. :)

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived