Switzerland isn't all Alps

We've seen several posters, including me post pictures recently of the Alps, especially those in Switzerland. So for a change of pace I took my Grand Caravan for a flight along the Birs River near Dornach. I think it's pretty down there in a very green way on both sides of the border.;)

Michael

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

While the Alps are very photogenic, it is nice to see a more verdant area of Switzerland. You have beautifully captured the scenery around Dornach. Although the area is densely populated the pictures make it appear almost pastoral. Nice work Michael. :cool: :cool: :)

Larry

Hi!

Looks like a cool area in Switzerland! And not that far from Basle-Mulhouse aiport! On the other hand, how did your quest of piles of rocks turn?! :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Hi!

Looks like a cool area in Switzerland! And not that far from Basle-Mulhouse aiport! On the other hand, how did your quest of piles of rocks turn?! :):)

Good Point! I haven't thought about Rocks much lately. There are several I might go and see.

Having said that, I'm in the process of my continuous computer improvement. Right now it appears to be two steps forward and one back.:rolleyes: I just had to send my favorite video card back as it died. But it is still under warranty!!!!;)

Michael

Michael, great virtual pics of the area! :cool::cool::cool: Great place to visit, lots of other fine places nearby: Colmar, The Black Forest in Germany (Freiburg), it's all there! May I suggest the great mountain railway "the Hollenthal Bahn".(Hell's Valley Railroad)
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Michael, great virtual pics of the area! :cool::cool::cool: Great place to visit, lots of other fine places nearby: Colmar, The Black Forest in Germany (Freiburg), it's all there! May I suggest the great mountain railway "the Hollenthal Bahn".(Hell's Valley Railroad)

Thanks for the tip Jan!! Since I spent the first 20 years or so, post Marine Corps working in the US railroad industry I always enjoy other country's railroads. I'll have to look that one up!

BTW: G'erard's shipment of wine to you was excellent!! :p:cool: I promise, I didn't waste a drop!!

Michael

Goes from Freiburg to Titisee. Was for years the steepest railway in Europe. Lots of old Station buildings along the beautiful tracks. Oh, and If you're interested, we have a 6 miles track in Amsterdam: https://www.museumtramlijn.org/ Bianca and I live in an old railway station btw

Hey buddy, you always seem to peek my interest in choo-choos. Can you give us the old station name? I was looking through some of the old stations and they had some fantastic older buildings.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Right corner, 2nd floor, 2 large windows, is my FS room:) Did you check the backside with street view?

OK, I'll do a walk around, but you'd better open a window and say hi or something!;):cool: Waked around and you would have to stick your head out through the construction scaffolding and netting. Must have been some renovations going on. I saw that it's rented out for weddings and such. Are you and Bianca responsible for that or is that an outside group?

Construction works are done, one and a half year of total chaos. Everything from roof to basement is new. Now they're taking care of the roundabout and the road in front of us. Chaos again. The restaurant is rented by another party, but we have a close cooperation, we carry almost all of his guests for a ride in the city or on our own track. We don't get any government support, that's how we survive. (for more than 45 years now.) We're in trouble now, the Amsterdam city board wants to get rid of us.......:eek:
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Jan!

I know we are between gentlemen pilots, but aren't you transgressing some old Internet rule to never detail one's personal data?! :mad: I even realized that I lately had been flying to Dijon, my home town. Strange that, no?

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Gerardo, von Peerhovens do not follow rules, they make them! HA! :rolleyes:

Zippy, here's Bianca on our balcony looking at ordinary people :D;) :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]203530[/ATTACH]

Hi to Bianca! Hope we don't have the "homeless" Von Peerhovens wandering the streets of Amsterdam.:eek:

Thanks for the info on the railroad. I've done a little research on it and it's really pretty. ;) Then I flew from EDTF to EDTD and all around that area. Sadly even ORBX didn't see fit to portray it in their scenery. :mad:

When I first went to work for the railroad I got to work on restoring one of the most famous locomotives in the US. It was called The General and was one of two locomotives in what became known as The Great Locomotive Chase during the US Civil War. Our repair shops redid it and we did some things with it and finally gave it to Atlanta..

The General.jpg

Sorry it's so small!! This was re-posted from an article in the Wikipedia. I don't know how to make it larger for here.:o

Archived