Perplexing AFCAD Issue - Airliners at Incorrect Gates

Qballbandit

Good day,

Many years back, I put in place my own radius values for Airliner parking spots, using AFCAD. Each player & AI plane has it's assigned radius, and the parking spots in each of my airports AFCAD files have set values for each airline and aircraft type. My "system" has worked flawlessly since it's inception. At all airports I fly to/from, airliners and their respective aircraft types park at the correct gates.

Upon original release, I purchased SimFlyers O'Hare. I designed the AFCAD file to my standards, and all has been perfect for years.

This week, I purchased FSDreamTeam's O'Hare, which I think looks excellent for it's age. I knew I would have to adjust the AFCAD to match my "system", and so it would behave exactly like SimFlyers. And....it doesn't.

I edited the AFCAD file so it is exactly - and I stress EXACTLY the same as the parking was designed in SimFlyers (matching the amount of spots per airline and aircraft type), using the same values throughout, yet I have a good handful of planes not parking where they should, thus offsetting the entire airport. In fact, I can't get a single AALX plane to park in the American Eagle terminal (that whole terminal is vacant - no planes of any airline or type).

I have spent three days checking and re-checking the values, and can't come up with any offending factor in my edits.

Is there some other input from the new DreamTeam AFCAD that would set this thing all wonky? Or, a variable from some other source that would keep my settings from behaving like they have for years at all other airports?

Thanks ahead of time for all comments and suggestions. I am eagerly awaiting any direction provided.

Thanks very much,

Neil :cool:

PS: I have also removed the SimFlyers airport and afcad file, prior to testing all of this, so that there was no chance of any duplication in the mix.

In fact, I can't get a single AALX plane to park in the American Eagle terminal (that whole terminal is vacant - no planes of any airline or type).

My only thought is that there is a break in the taxi node and link system preventing planes from getting to that terminal.

The challenge with setting up airports to "act perfectly" is that one error cascades into many very quickly. Especially at a busy place like ORD.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

At first I thought you were looking at how to get airplanes to be set up correctly at gates and I was working on finishing that and replying when I re read you post and noticed you were actually quite familiar with how to set it up... I may actually make a tutorial on my site or forum on how to get aircraft to park at the correct gates...

Seems like it gets asked an awful lot here and at other forums...

And btw check the fault finder option to see if a node is not correctly aligned or such...think you know what to do from there [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello Bean & Darren,

I wish I could say that fault finder found something that would be at the root of the issue, but it did not. All links to that terminal are in good order.

I believe there is at least one other afcad file on the FSDT site for KORD, so maybe I'll start from scratch with that version and see if I get better results.

My personal problem is that I want to know why THIS one isn't functioning, and it will bug the crap out of me until myself, or one of you good people solve the mystery. :)

Thanks ya sorry I had first skimmed through you're op and got sidetracked thinking you were asking about how to get the aircraft to the right gate (gets asked a lot here and other forums ) and didn't realize the details until halfway through..will still do a tutorial anyways when I have time.

This issue is one in a million, most times the scenery meshes with the afcad well and on those rare occasions you see something like this that stumps all the pros. Ya I'd ask st the fsds...ooh I mean fsdt forum as they might have more info on this...we can help you lots here but they made the scenery that is constricting your ai so they can help you with that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Tom,

I can try your suggestion, but like I mentioned above, I had physically removed the AF2 file for Simflyers O'Hare (and disabled the scenery. Maybe I'll remove it too), which only left the default KORD - at least when I do the search for KORD within AFCAD itself. I never had another KORD installed, but I'll search anyway.

Darren, I know - their forum would be a smart place to ask the question. I belong to too many damn forums as it is, and am trying to avoid joining another - but if that is what it takes.. :p

I do know the FS9/O'Hare forum is not too active these days, as they don't provide real support for FS9 releases, and the product is years old, so users have gone through the gamut of questions long before I bought the airport. Not to say I won't give it a shot if we can't solve it here.

I have hopes, as there are an awful lot of pretty savvy and helpful FS9 users here ;)

Hello John,

I do indeed use the airline codes along with radius values.

One thing to note as of last night. I tried another available AFCAD file from the FSDT sight, and even without me making my edits, the results were noticeably better. At the very least, the Eagle terminal is showing the ERJ's in there, and with a few exceptions, it's much closer to what I am after. I'll save file, then try editing it further, and see if I can correct the few anomolies that I noticed.

That default file with the scenery must have had some ugly ingredient that was mucking things up.

I'll reply back when I get further along.

I appreciate all the input thus far! :)

I've taken this as far as I can go. No other KORD af2 file within FS, but the new one. While things have improved, as I mentioned in the post directly above, I still have a handful of airlines parking in the wrong places - even though there are available spots correlating to their airline code and radius.

Frustrating as all get out, as I really like this scenery/airport, and it bugs me that my older SimFlyers behaved perfectly.

Archived