FSX and Navigraph

stubby2

I'm looking at purchasing a single engine piston and/or a twin engine piston plane for FSX. However, I'm not finding many planes with Navigraph support. Inasmuch as I use approach plates and do vor navigation with no GPS having up to date navaids is important to me. It appears that there are not too many GA planes with Navigraph support. I came across a list of planes with navigraph support once and now I can't find it

Does anyone know of a list that I could access ?

Of course some of the Carenado GA's have Navigraph

DELETE and REPOST: OOPS! Was trying to correct my spelling error.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

A whole raft of additions, changes and modifications are required to adapt Navigraph and ALL the scenery files need changes.

You sure you know what you are asking for...?

I don't understand what you are saying. Is Navigraph not worth purchasing ?

I've used Navigraph database updates for the FMC in the PMDG 737 back in FS2004. But not all waypoints in the real world will show up in the Sim's GPS.Or for that matter on map programs like LittleNavMap. But that's not important as there is no GPS in the 737. Well, not the GPS display that is. Just a ND. I too tried that waypoint update download it it messed up my GPS. I promptly uninstalled. I couldn't stand having crappy approach procedures in my GPS. I use the GPS for reference when I'm intersecting an ILS. I watch the cross tack error to be prepared for my bank onto the ILS.

I'm not looking for perfection. If some of the data does not match my approach plate I can live with it. However, the other day I was using a current approach plate against the FSX navaids and literally nothing matched not even the runway number. I recently purchased the Super King Air B200 from Flight one and it's a nice plane with navigraph support. The navaids are 2 years old but most of the data looks ok against my approach plates. I will be updating soon and frankly I'll probably do it about once a year. Hopefully, the downloader will help run things smoothly.

When I'm using FSX navaids now I often will just use vectors and use the plates for altitude. I don't use ATC that often because I like to fly manually and if I don't respond immediately to directions the tower will bark at me before I even have a chance to change heading or altitude.

In spite of that I don't think the ATC in FSX is nearly as bad as some people claim, There's a lot worse out there.

For the few Carenado's I have with Navigraph, I just use the default...

NOTE : You don´t need to have a subscription with Navigraph because this products comes with an October 2013 Navigraph database which has all the information you need to perform a flight. But if you want to keep your database up to date you will need a subscription with Navigraph.

Seems like a waste of money, but some want the latest I guess.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I'm looking at purchasing a single engine piston and/or a twin engine piston plane for FSX. However, I'm not finding many planes with Navigraph support. Inasmuch as I use approach plates and do vor navigation with no GPS having up to date navaids is important to me. It appears that there are not too many GA planes with Navigraph support. I came across a list of planes with navigraph support once and now I can't find it

Does anyone know of a list that I could access ?

RNAV13.jpg

This picture is from a landing I did at KVNC. According to the default GPS there is only one procedure for this airport (NDB31). I have been trying to come up with a solution for this to enable different procedures for different planes at different airports. In which I believe you are addressing. My solution came with two different programs. The GTN 750 from Flight1 and ProAtcx. Now you maybe can find another combination, but for me this works. I can use procedures for landing and have ATC. ProAtc is Navigraph compatible so you are using updated charts. Hope this helps.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Man, I so wanted the GTN 750, and I bought it and try as I might it would not work. I even reinstalled my OS and FSX to get it to work. Made post's at Avsim and still couldn't get it to work. Kept saying a path was off. I tried EVERYTHING.

The GTN 750 has a terrain map, right? Like the Sandel for FS2004? I was able to use RealityXP products in FS2004 just fine.

Man, I so wanted the GTN 750, and I bought it and try as I might it would not work. I even reinstalled my OS and FSX to get it to work. Made post's at Avsim and still couldn't get it to work. Kept saying a path was off. I tried EVERYTHING.

The GTN 750 has a terrain map, right? Like the Sandel for FS2004? I was able to use RealityXP products in FS2004 just fine.

Are you talking about the path to the Garmin trainer. If so, I also had a problem with my initial installation. I created a a folder on my desktop and installed all the files there. The folder can be anywhere on your computer. The 750 needs to know where these files are.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Are you talking about the path to the Garmin trainer. If so, I also had a problem with my initial installation. I created a a folder on my desktop and installed all the files there. The folder can be anywhere on your computer. The 750 needs to know where these files are.

Yeah, I toyed with it and did everything I could think of and I'm not computer stupid at all. I can build, fix and upgrade computers even laptops. I'm hesitant to buy it again and try the desktop trick though. I didn't get a lot of help at Avsim or here.

And let me tell you. I was so desperate to get it working I completely reinstalled Windows and FSX. Then without adding anything to the Sim installed the gauge straight away. Still wouldn't work. I was getting an error pop up in the Sim as soon as I launched the gauge and looking at the logs indicated a path issue. I even messed around with the dll.cfg I think it's called now in the Sim folder under App Data. I have never in my whole life ran into something so damn complicated. I was thoroughly pissed the F^%$#@ off.

I love my TAWS, and I so wanted that ability.

Archived