Which flight sim for avionics?

Blobson

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone can help with regards to which Flight Sim to choose.

I'd like a sim that can most accurately represent cockpits, including switches, electronic flight instruments and vehicle systems (ECAM, EICAS or equivalent, power, hyds, fuel etc) and can have failures of systems shown accurately.

I've been looking at Prepar3d as it comes with what looks like quite a nice F35 and downloadable aircraft that I'm interested in: C17, C130, Typhoon, A380, A330.

I'd also been quite keen to see whats best for simulating defensive aids systems and electro-optics like FLIR, DAS.

Does anyone have any suggestions of which software to go for, or collection of mods?

Not too fussed about hardware at this stage, I'll put together a computer that is capable.

Many thanks in advance

Blobson

Thanks Mr Zippy,

I suspected that, before spashing out on prepar3d I’ll look into x-plane more if it can do what im looking for.

I havent found any aircraft yet that can have CB’s pulled though. I’ve google the death out of it, any recommendations of developers that offer ultra realism?

Thanks

Thanks Mr Zippy,

I suspected that, before spashing out on prepar3d I’ll look into x-plane more if it can do what im looking for.

I havent found any aircraft yet that can have CB’s pulled though. I’ve google the death out of it, any recommendations of developers that offer ultra realism?

Thanks

Then you've not yet looked hard enough. A2A have a selection of aircraft with operating CB's

The Majestic Q400 has more accuracy than even some real-world simulators.

PMDG set the benchmark for `systemology`

P3D has a an accurate representation of a FLIR system (it's made by Lockheed-Martin so it would be...)

Just so we get the vernacular correct, we are not talking about accurate avionics, we are talking about accurate avionics as evidenced by their representation on a computer screen - You ain't going to be pulling any CB's unless you build a home cockpit.

For balance, X-Plane also has some highly accurate aircraft...

But none are accurate to your level of finesse when one is talking about C17, C130, Typhoon, A380 or A330.

Milviz are allegedly working on a C130J but they're progress could be said to be slower than a slug on Mogadon and you'll probably be bordering on death though old age by the time its out! There are a couple of quite accurate Typhoons out there.

Archived