Tail Section logo appears backwards?

Hossfly68 mentioned he uses Paint for correcting Tail logos put on backwards. I just tried it and, yes, I can change it to appear correctly but that is just for a screenshot! Where would you begin correcting for the actual aircraft itself? Aircraft is a DC3, carries a Breitling logo on it, with a large "B" on the tail, pilot's side is backwards, right side is good! I don't want to bug Hossfly68 for an answer, so I thought I would just throw it out there to see if anyone else has an opinion on how to fix?

Thanks for your input! - Rick

If it's the one in my screenshot, it looks like all of the textures are in .dds format. You may need the DTXBmp program so the textures can be put into .bmp format first. Fun and games, huh?

a1.jpg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

That's the download I am referring to! No, Mr Z, no fun and games here! I thought it sounded too easy when Hossfly68 mentioned changing tail logos with the program paint

It not that big a deal! I'll just forget about it!

Thanks Mr Z, just the same! - Rick

The default DC-3 shares one texture for the tail section left and right side.

The right side is the mirrored version of the left side.

It's NOT suited for elements (like text and most logos) that look different when mirrored.

There's an update for the DC-3 model, with remapped (and different) textures for left and right tail section. Read this (7 yr old!!) thread: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?228371-Working-on-a-repaint-and-I-need-some-advice

There's a link in my post #4 that still works.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Thank you, I will check that out! - Rick

53 MB download for 4 aircraft which I don't need, just so I don't have to look at a logo that is not correct. I'll just live with what I have, it's definitely not a deal breaker for me!

Thanks for sharing at least I know now why it is the way it is! Rick

BTW I forgot to mention: the liveries for the default DC-3 DON'T stick on the updated model.

You'd need repaints made specially for that updated model.

OTOH if you ever consider making repaints for the default DC-3, consider this modded version.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

I meant a "paint program",not actually "Paint".. sorry for the confusion. I was in a mourning period for my poor dead computer?

I was also using DXT.Bmp to set the images to the right format.

I reversed the logos on my early scheme Southern Airways Dc-9-10's and -30's. I believe it was the right side of the tail on each that was backwards.

I'll figure it out when I get back up to speed and post pics of what I meant.

Thanks! I guess from how others have responded, there is an inherent problem with the DC3 modeling.

It's not a big deal, I can just forget it's there, won't make the aircraft fly any better!

Have a nice day! Sorry about your computer! - Rick

If you do a Google search for Jake Burrus he has done a DC3 that has 2 tails for you to paint and add a logo, I have one of his and done a few.

They are AI models but you can swap the cfg and air files from a flyable if you know how.

Col

If you do a Google search for Jake Burrus he has done a DC3 that has 2 tails for you to paint and add a logo, I have one of his and done a few.

They are AI models but you can swap the cfg and air files from a flyable if you know how.

Col

Thanks Col

Archived