A Lap Around Brussels

With all the attention Brussels has gotten lately I decided to do a lap around town during daylight. Takeoff to final on 25L on a hazy afternoon.

It must have been too hot for Jan. No sight of him out anywhere?

Michael

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Pics are very nice Michael :cool::cool::pilot: But: Brussels is the capital of Belgium. The von Peerhoven Estate, FLightschool etc etc are situated in the Netherlands. Looking at the globe it's all situated within a quarter of an inch, but in real life it means a 10 days walk:mad:
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pics are very nice Michael :cool::cool::pilot: But: Brussels is the capital of Belgium. The von Peerhoven Estate, FLightschool etc etc are situated in the Netherlands. Looking at the globe it's all situated within a quarter of an inch, but in real life it means a 10 days walk:mad:

Yes Sir! I know the difference between Belgium and the Netherlands. I thought I had read in more than one recent post you were currently spending some time in Brussels. I must have been mistaken. I was probably thinking of someone famous.

Sorry,

Michael

Nice pics Michael! What kind of aircraft is that? Jet engines mounted on top of the wings, separate from the fuselage? Interesting!

Rick

Hey Rick it's the HondaJet. Which has recently been certified to fly almost anywhere in the world. It's a sweet little hot-rod!!!;) And even better You can download it for free from the FlightSim File Library!!!!It also comes with a great detailed interior, etc.!

It looks like this:

HondaJet.jpg

HondaJet2.jpg

Try it! I bet you'll like it!!

Michael

Michael and Gerard, to be honest, I use EBBR a lot, a great destination for GA flights from the Netherlands.... I couldn't find a nice EBBR scenery so far. https://beluxscenery.wordpress.com/ found this one and I'll try it out :) Besides that, I worked for Renault trucks in Brussels.....:rolleyes: What Belgian scenery do you use, it's awesome!
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jan,

I have ORBX GLOBAL and also ORBX OPEN LC EUROPE. So it's either one or both? I'll perhaps take a closer look at EBBR itself. I literally just flew in and out and didn't look at the airport much.

I agree, G'erard's scenery does look great! But it seems he does some of that himself!!:confused: That's way above my pay grade!

Michael

But it seems he does some of that himself

Yes! I'm trying to improve planes and places I'm flying. Some tools widely known to the community allows that. But i'm also unable to plunge deep into FSX. I'm changing what's easy to change ;-)

On the other hand, Brussels, at such a pace, will turn a much populated and lively location :):):):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Hey Rick it's the HondaJet. Which has recently been certified to fly almost anywhere in the world. It's a sweet little hot-rod!!!;) And even better You can download it for free from the FlightSim File Library!!!!It also comes with a great detailed interior, etc.!

Try it! I bet you'll like it!!

Michael

Michael - I have a Honda sitting in my driveway, power steering failed on me backing out of the drive few days ago. Think I would trust one to fly? It is nice looking, though!

I don't know! - Rick

Michael - I have a Honda sitting in my driveway, power steering failed on me backing out of the drive few days ago. Think I would trust one to fly? It is nice looking, though!

I don't know! - Rick

Hey Rick,

I bought a Honda Accord in 1978, the first year they were made. I got over 35 mpg on regular LEADED gas and didn't need a converter to meet the smog laws. Since then I've bought at least three other Accords, three Honda Civic wagons, and one of my all time favorite rides, a '85 CRX Si which was only 144" long but blew the doors off many a huge V-8 powered American branded car. After about 150,000 failure free miles I sold it to a pizza delivery boy who drove it to over 250,000 miles with the only issue being a leaking radiator at about 210,000 miles.

Today I have still have a 2008 Honda Fit parked outside. My "nice" cars get to stay in the garage. It currently has over 100,000 miles on it. Most of them were low speed trips to the grocery, picking up bags of mulch, taking the dogs to the vet, etc. It still gets over 38 RW mpg on the highway and will cruise comfortably all day long at 80mph+ with the AC on. I'll probably keep it for at least another 50,000 miles. It's my powered grocery cart!

Did I mention the 1999 Honda Accord I bought and drove for 235,000 miles without a single failure and gave to the DAV where it still brought $1,000 at auction with over 235,000 miles on the clock.

I won't say I'm a Honda fanatic, because I'm not. I've owned and still own cars that are a lot more fun to drive. IMO buying a Honda is like buying a really good kitchen appliance. And 200,000 miles is a starting point mileage minimum. They always start and run, etc. But except for the Acura NSX and the CRXs I consider them truly cheap transportation!

It appears to me the HondaJet is the CRX Si or the Acura NSX of general aviation. If I could still pass a flight physical and had a couple million dollars to spend that HondaJet would be tops on my airplane shopping list!!

I had a friend in the 60's who had a pressurized Beech Bonanza. We flew to/from all the cool California, Nevada, Oregon places to be at our age. It performed perfectly and quickly every trip. I can't help but think the HondaJet would do exactly the same.

Michael

Oh my! The Brussels posts are sprouting like… well, Brussels Sprouts.

I actually like Brussels Sprouts, so I'm OK with this. :) Keep 'em coming. -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Archived