Real world weather UK & Ireland

ScottishMike

Has Jeppesen changed the format for real world weather in UK & Ireland?

Since the storms of last month (Beast from the East) using real world weather seems to be stuck in Thunderstorms and heavy snow.

It appears to load OK saying: "Thunderstorms Wind 110 at 10 Visibility 1/4 mile" and this is the weather that I get in FS9 from Manchester, Edinburgh and Dublin, however this is nothing like the actual weather. Before the storms of last month the weather it uploaded was pretty close to the real thing. Has Jeppesen changed the format so FS9 can no longer interpret it properly? :(

The FS2K server stops getting updates from time to time, it's been happening for years. Try a freeware weather program like FSRealWX, which uses VATSIM or NOAA weather servers and is 100% reliable.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Has Jeppesen changed the format for real world weather in UK & Ireland?

Since the storms of last month (Beast from the East) using real world weather seems to be stuck in Thunderstorms and heavy snow.

Try clearing your Internet Explorer cached files and see if that clears it.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Thanks for the responses.

John, I cleared the cached files (Firefox) but the problem persists.

Tim, can the weather programs you mentioned interface with FS9 automatically, like real world weather?

I went to the Jeppesen site and thought I saw an item about Jeppesen no longer providing free weather.

Is anybody currently flying (in FS9) in northern UK able in real world weather to get anything other than: "Thunderstorms Wind 110 at 10 Visibility 1/4 mile" ? Or is it just me?

Is anybody currently flying (in FS9) in northern UK able in real world weather to get anything other than: "Thunderstorms Wind 110 at 10 Visibility 1/4 mile" ? Or is it just me?

I just checked Heathrow, Glasgow, Dublin. Seemed like it got most things roundabouts as far as wind, direction and humidity went. Temps were off but it did appear to be working as it would normally. Certainly not the conditions you are getting.

Mark Daniels

Hi Mike. I'm getting: "Scattered clouds - wind 068 at 10 - visibility 3mi" with snow.

I use FSRealWX lite, which connects to FS2004 via FSUIPC, and that gives the correct weather:

ICAO: EGNM

Name: Leeds Bradford, Leeds Bradford, United Kingdom

Time: 270920Z

Elevation: 682 ft

Lat/Lon: 53.87, -1.66

Wind direction: 70°

Wind speed: 4kt

Wind direction variable: 20° - 100°

Visibility: 6000 m

Weather phenomena: -RA

Clouds: Scattered at 300 ft

Clouds: Scattered at 500 ft

Clouds: Broken at 1000 ft

Temp/Dew: 6°C/5°C

Atmospheric pressure (QNH): 1009 hPa, 2979 Inch

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Mike. I'm getting: "Scattered clouds - wind 068 at 10 - visibility 3mi" with snow.

I use FSRealWX lite, which connects to FS2004 via FSUIPC, and that gives the correct weather:

ICAO: EGNM

Name: Leeds Bradford, Leeds Bradford, United Kingdom

Time: 270920Z

Elevation: 682 ft

Lat/Lon: 53.87, -1.66

Wind direction: 70°

Wind direction variable: 20° - 100°

Visibility: 6000 m

Weather phenomena: -RA

Clouds: Scattered at 300 ft

Clouds: Scattered at 500 ft

Clouds: Broken at 1000 ft

Temp/Dew: 6°C/5°C

Atmospheric pressure (QNH): 1009 hPa, 2979 Inch

EGNM just now gives me:

Wind 74/10

Temp -6 C (About as wrong as my tests previous post)

Dew -6 C

Pressure 30.06

Vis: 4,820m

Clouds: Scattered/Light snow

Mark Daniels

Tim. Is it possible to get the FSUIPC set up when using the FSRealWX.I have FSGRW which is a payware and for that i have to turn off weather setting in the FSUIPC .FSGRW great weather engine but my system is old and when it is downloading the weather my frame rates drop below 3 which makes it hard to fly.

I would appreciate any information regarding the FSUIPC set up.Pictures would be great.

Thanks,Nebojsa

Thanks Mark, if that's the default real weather it's the same as mine, which is a month out of date. If the default real weather for the US is correct, it must be the international weather which isn't updating.

Hi Nebojsa, I leave the Winds and Clouds settings unticked, here are my Visibilty settings:

FSUIPC.PNG

Thanks Mark, if that's the default real weather it's the same as mine, which is a month out of date. If the default real weather for the US is correct, it must be the international weather which isn't updating.

Yeah, that's Jep weather. I checked it against the internet current weather and it was accurate on everything except temp in all the 4 locations I checked. It might've just been coincidence the weather a month ago was similar to today. Regardless, it answers ScottishMike's question and shows the weather is different for myself than it is for him.

Jep can sometimes work in specific locations and not others. I tested it for quite a while a few months ago. It does literally always seem to work at least in a partial capacity. It just doesn't work everywhere all the time.

Mark Daniels

It might've just been coincidence the weather a month ago was similar to today.

The thing is, it's not minus 6 here today or snowing, we're back to "normal" at 7 degrees and rain!

The thing is, it's not minus 6 here today or snowing, we're back to "normal" at 7 degrees and rain!

Oh, ok, then if that's the case the other things like wind etc were coincidence. They checked out but the temp as I mentioned was way off which along with your comments suggests the weather is a month old.

Mark Daniels

John, I cleared the cached files (Firefox) but the problem persists.

Ah, but I understand that FS uses Internet Explorer regardless of your preferred/default browser. So do please check there. Not necessarily the solution, but worth eliminating.

(That being said I haven't a clue how it works if IE isn't present at all).

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Hi Nebojsa, FSUIPC's weather settings will override any other program's settings.

I only want the Visibility settings to be constants, or upper limits, because some weather programs are terrible at handling visibility and set it to infinite when it shouldn't be. Otherwise I want my weather program, FSrealWX Lite, to set the real winds and clouds as and when they change without conflict.

Finally the weather has changed, I'm now getting:

Scattered clouds-Wind 070 at 14-Visibility 3mi

Tim i have the unlicensed FSUPIC module, to interface with FSRealWX would I need the full licensed version of FSUPIC?

Is Active Sky available for FS2004? Could not find it at the Pilot Shop except for FSX and other newer versions of FS.

Hi Mike, the unlicensed FSUIPC works with FSRealWX fine. Active Sky is no longer available for FS2004, even if you did find a copy somewhere the live weather isn't supported either.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tim . I did a couple of flights with your settings.The only issue i have when i go to airports that i know that is sunny and no clouds,i still get a overcast/cloudy layer for the first 2000/3000 ft and then it clears up.

Not sure what to change on the FSUIPC.

Nebojsa

Hi Nebojsa, FSUIPC only affects the way the weather is displayed, it doesn't download the weather data itself. If you're using FSGRW or FSRealWX you may need to adjust some settings there. In FSRealWX you can set the weather to NOT be updated below a certain level (the default is 5000ft) and you can set this as low as 1000ft.

I know that FSUIPC only affects the way the weather is displayed.Before i start using the FS Global Real Weather, first i have to turn of weather settings in the FSUIPC and then in the FS9 weather i pick the clear weather theme.When that is done then i start the FSGRW it downloads the weather and it is displays the weather correct.

I am not sure as to which adjustment i should play with in the FSUIPC. and the only reason i don't use my FSGRWis when it downloads weather i am about 1-3 frames. Sometimes my pc locks up. I have better success with FSRealWX

NEBOJSA

You shouldn't need to change the FSUIPC settings at all, or turn them off before using FSGRW.

This sounds more like an FSGRW issue, perhaps their forums or product support can help?

Archived