Suddenly can't adjust radios in V1A

Luckypup

Hi -

After several hours finding range/fuel/cruise speed stats on my L049 I thought I'd take a break and do short hope in the Vultee V1A. I got everything set up and suddenly found out that I can't adjust the radio frequencies. It's the same radio as the default DC-3. At least I can't do it with the mouse. I don't remember what the key command for changing frequencies are.

Any suggestions?

Steve

Steve - I can't help with changing frequencies on that old Nav/Com, but I did grow tired of looking at and using the DC3's Sperry Nav/Com and I replaced the entire old and replaced it with the updated Bendix_King radio stack. Might help, certainly makes things easier!

It really didn't change the appearance of the panel due to it working in the background. You won't see it until you click on the radio button.

Good luck! - Rick

Check the radios section of the aircraft.cfg file and see if no standby frequencies are required.

Something like:

[Radios]

// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope

Audio.1 = 1

Com.1 = 1, 0

Com.2 = 1, 0

Nav.1 = 1, 0, 1

Nav.2 = 1, 0, 0

Adf.1 = 1

Adf.2 = 0

Transponder.1 = 1

Marker.1 = 1

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Steve - I don't know where you are located, but I am willing to give you an alternate of changing settings for the radios com section of your Vultee V1A. If your are talking about the old antiguated Sperry NAV/Com on your Vultee and it is a exact image of what is given with the default DC3, then I might be able to give you a much approved way of doing what V1A offers and what you want from it! We've been thru this before, John Hinson has tried to give you advice, I have offered tips to give you with the DC3, my FSX to your FS2004 and nothing goes any farther? If you are trying to use the default Sperry Nav/Com, do yourself a favor, and get rid of the old way of flying! There is a better "out there!"

I like to give people my personal findings, if they don't want it, please kindly, give me a no thanks, don't want your advice! I am pleased with most of the changes that I have found on my own, and wouldn't offer any thing that didn't work for me! And I am sure, that I speak not only for myself, but John Hinson, which is very knowledgeable about the previous post you had submitted!

If I can help, let me know! Not only help for the DC3, but also the Vultee!

Rick

Here is what I did to the DC3. 1st pic is what it looks like now. 2nd pic is the DC3 with the old Sperry NAV/COM. You could do the same thing with the Vultee! Up to you, I just think the newer radio stack is so much easier to deal with!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]202849[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]202848[/ATTACH]

Good luck with whatever you go with! - Rick

Archived