its like being on a merry go round

sagamol

you put money in it...lots of it I my case... to get a nice system to run FSX, with a little ORBX and a couple of pay ware plane. nothing really out of the ordinary. I scaled the sliders to a medium high setting and was on my way. road traffic to almost zero, a little bit of\f AI, not much, and just fair weather sky. after a while in the air I notice my GPU is almost at 4 gb and my computer is making a ding ding sound...what in the world is going on. I know that the processor only allows 4 gb for fsx, but come on people...

Windows10 64bit

GeForce GTX 1060

Seagate Hard Drive 1 TB, 750 W Powersply

CPU I7-7700 3.6 GHZ 8 GB RAM

I don't have this issue. You may want to see what other crap is running at the same time. Autoruns can disable crap you don't want auto starting on computer boot. But don't go unchecking or deleting things you shouldn't.

You're also using Windows 10 and god only knows what's going on in the background.

you put money in it...lots of it I my case... to get a nice system to run FSX, with a little ORBX and a couple of pay ware plane. nothing really out of the ordinary. I scaled the sliders to a medium high setting and was on my way. road traffic to almost zero, a little bit of\f AI, not much, and just fair weather sky. after a while in the air I notice my GPU is almost at 4 gb and my computer is making a ding ding sound...what in the world is going on. I know that the processor only allows 4 gb for fsx, but come on people...

I know there's no problem with memory management with ORBX, so look elsewhere.

It won't be down to Windows 10 either, never mind CRJ_simplots near-fanaticism on the subject.

I don't know if this will help https://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic/ding-dong-sound-driving-me-crazy.

Couple of rudimentary suggestions. If you are running FSX do you have SP1 and SP2 intalled, and do you have HIGHMEMFIX=1 TO YOUR fsx cfg FILE UNDERNEATH THE graphics section. It might not make the slightest difference in your case, but it won't do any harm.

I don't know if this will help https://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic/ding-dong-sound-driving-me-crazy.

do you have HIGHMEMFIX=1 TO YOUR fsx cfg FILE UNDERNEATH THE graphics section. It might not make the slightest difference in your case, but it won't do any harm.

That made a huge difference for me!!:cool:

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived