FS Dreamteam Sceneries

cregwalker

?What programs should I use to edit the AI scenery for FS Dreamteam sceneries in FS9?

I have tried using AFCAD and when I save the changes, all of the terminals have the default terminal jammed on as well.

The AI file is called KLAX_AP.bgl. Even if I save it as the same name, it corrupts the scenery.

The airlines are parked at the correct terminals for the most part, but some are jammed into the building and none follow taxi lines in the KLAX_AP.bgl as it comes from Dreamteam.

Any help will be appreciated

They have used ADE I think. So you'll have to use ADE (Airport Design Editor) to edit the airport. I managed to do it with AFX many years ago to add JAN to the Janet parking spaces at KLAS, but it looks like now for FSX I need to use ADE, and I'm sure that's true for FS2004 as well.

?What programs should I use to edit the AI scenery for FS Dreamteam sceneries in FS9?

I have tried using AFCAD and when I save the changes, all of the terminals have the default terminal jammed on as well.

The AI file is called KLAX_AP.bgl. Even if I save it as the same name, it corrupts the scenery.

The airlines are parked at the correct terminals for the most part, but some are jammed into the building and none follow taxi lines in the KLAX_AP.bgl as it comes from Dreamteam.

Any help will be appreciated

Something doesn't sound right there for a commercial product - have you contacted their support people? They may have a replacement file available to fix that.

But if they can't resolve it, this is usually the solution:

Save your modifications to another file, and place it at a scenery level to load after the existing one. That way should ensure your modifications over-ride the original file but other features in that original file should remain active.

Quite honestly you should not be using AFCAD to modify files - it is incredibly outdated and causes all sorts of problems of this sort. Much better to use AFX or ADE which will protect you against things like that.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Nothing is wrong with his scenery. The problem lies in the fact he's trying to edit a BGL that wasn't compiled with AFCAD. And I doubt AFX will work as I have tried. It strips other data and tells you of this. Your best bet is to try ADE.

Another way is to sync AFCAD to FS and use a small user plane and slew it to the offending parts in FS then go on AFCAD and red X will show where your plane is, then move the plane out of the building in FS to where you want the parking spot then in AFCAD move the parking spot to where the red X is.

Hope that makes sense.

Col.

Nothing is wrong with his scenery. The problem lies in the fact he's trying to edit a BGL that wasn't compiled with AFCAD. And I doubt AFX will work as I have tried. It strips other data and tells you of this. Your best bet is to try ADE.

OK, having read what he aid again I see the default traffic appeared after editing. Didn't spot that.

As for your comments on AFX, I have to say (in the politest way possible) that you are talking rubbish.

When you try and save a file with AFX, it will tell you exactly how to save the data in the way I described.

John

CRJ is correct. In FS9 mode, AFX DOES strip out certain FSX data and it DOES warn you about it.

Some FSDreamteam scenery .bgl's contain registration data, be VERY careful when altering them or you'll trigger the demo mode timeout and remove the 'full version' details such as terminal buildings.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Sorry - I completely messed up on my earlier replies and really shouldn't get involved while on the move as I didn't read what everybody said properly.

Yes - ADE will modify an existing file without removing any data but as Tim says there is risk of affecting the registration data.

Yes - in principle AFX will strip out data it doesn't understand but it warns you of this and details exactly the way to avoid any loss of data so there is no risk involved unless you completely ignore the advice.

Yes - AFCAD also strips out the data and this can be worked around by the same method as AFX but gives you no warning or information about that.

But . . . I am puzzled how even accidental modification of the FSDT file would cause the default gates to suddenly appear as that would be the part that ISN'T stripped out. I think there must be another factor involved here. I think the best action for the OP would be to reinstate the original file and then save his modified file into a higher scenery level and see how that goes.

Best regards, and apologies again for talking drivel,

John

Archived