Real World Weather

flyawayfx

My Real World Weather for FSX has stopped working properly. A few months ago my real world weather quit changing to current conditions and stays locked on the same conditions when I choose to download real world weather. I've tried everything to no avail. I guess jeppesen stopped providing current weather. Is there any legit freeware or payware weather programs for FSX out there? Any suggestions? Current conditions always made the difference and I miss having the real world weather conditions. Please Help!

I've read numerous times in other threads where the online weather has been stuck in the same conditions for ages, I have seen it change but I think it is a rare occasion.

As suggested if you really want a change then it's look elsewhere.

Col.

I bought ASE16 for around $25 over the Easter sales. It's been great thus far. Better than ASE Evolution. I also paird it with ASE CloudArt so it inserts clouds as I fly to match conditions. I just flew a low visibility approach into Quebec last night with visibility at about a mile and a half. So I know both the cloud and weather engines work well.

I wouldn't use FS default weather at this juncture anymore. Many, many people come here posting the same thing. It's best to just go with a third-party weather engine and be done with it. Whether that be free or paid for.

My Real World Weather for FSX has stopped working properly. A few months ago my real world weather quit changing to current conditions and stays locked on the same conditions when I choose to download real world weather. I've tried everything to no avail. I guess jeppesen stopped providing current weather. Is there any legit freeware or payware weather programs for FSX out there? Any suggestions? Current conditions always made the difference and I miss having the real world weather conditions. Please Help!

Active Sky 2016 combine with Rex Sky Force, hard to beat.

I've used the FSX link for years. On occasion, and it's pretty seldom, it won't be correct. But many a time I've called up weather on Wunderground and it was exactly what I was showing.

It's not perfect and it can go a short time not updating. But no more than that happens, I'm happy to manually program in what Wunderground is saying.

To me it's not worth the extra effort to look someplace else.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived