I have missing gauges for Roland Laborie's Mirage 2000-help please.

asos

I have missing gauges for Roland Laborie's Mirage 2000. Only very few show.

They are missing from 3 different Mirage 2000's--namely the zips below:

mir2karm.zip

m2kmeetp.zip

m2kmeetp.zip

If any of you can help, I would appreciate it.

I emailed Laborie 2 days ago about it, but so no far no answer.

Nick, Athens, Greece

Try this:

Ensure FS9 is closed. All the way closed.

Go into the plane's panel folder.

Make a back-up of the Panel.cfg file.

Easiest way is to rclick on the file, click COPY, select an empty place in thee folder, or make a BACKUPS folder, rclick, again, and select PASTE. You'll either get a file named Panel-Copy.cfg, or, if you place it into the new, BACKUPS, folder, you will just get a copy of the panel.cfg file.

You might want to give a descriptive name of some kind, like Panel-ORIGINAL.cfg or something. You need to be able to restore the Panel.cfg from this file if something goes pear-shaped.

Open the Panel.cfg file with Notepad. Do NOT use a word processor, like MS Word, or whatever. ONLY ever edit any form of .cfg file with NotePad, which comes bundled with Windows.

NOW comes the fun (read long, and tedious) part.

Everywhere you see ..\aircraft\Mir2000N-A\panel\, and there are a metric tonne of them, delete it. ONLY delete what I showed in bold from everywhere you see it. It's included in nearly every "gaugeXX=" entry in the Panel.cfg file, so you've got your work cut out for you.

When you're done, save off the panel.cfg file again. I've found that sometimes, especially if you have the sim located in C:\Program FIles, or C:\Program Files(X86), that it pays to ensure it saved properly by opening it again, and making sure the changes you made are still there. I will presume for now it saved properly after you edited it.

I believe that should bring up all the gauges. Fire up the sim, load the plane, and see what happens.

At worst, you've wasted a little time. At best, problem solved.

I apologize if this is overly simplistic, but I'd rather give too much information, than not enough. It works better that way, when I don't know what YOU know, about editing .cfg files.

Hope this helps :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Phantom Tweak,

Thanks for your reply. I actually did what you advised before you posted your solution and I now have all the gauges showing ok. It was a matter of noting the gauges were aliased to an a/c I did not have.

The solution came to me while thinking about the problem in bed, just before sleep, and next morning I tried it and it worked. I used an excel sheet and its function of find and replace for quick replacement.

I will upload the solution here for those who have the problem.

Nick

...I used an excel sheet and its function of find and replace for quick replacement.

FYI, Notepad has the same function.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hmmm, I half expected you to say Linux, or (Heaven help us) some Mac version.

The screenshot is from Win 8.1, however that feature has been in Notepad for as long as I can remember. I no longer have XP installed on anything yet am sure it predates even XP. It is definitely there on my Win 7 Ultimate machines.

I can only assume that either you are using a Notepad that did not come with Windows or that feature is not available in a non-English version of Windows. Hard to imagine the later, guess it is possible.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

From Wikipedia on Windows Notepad:

"Notepad is a simple text editor for Microsoft Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents. It was first released as a mouse-based MS-DOS program in 1983, and has been included in all versions of Microsoft Windows since Windows 1.0 in 1985."

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived