CTD regular with radar frequency changes

NickWhittle

Hi Guys,

Can anyone please help me to decipher a new problem which has arisen in recent days?

Some radar hand-offs are OK but a recent hand-off in the UK caused CTD just before the new Radar acknowledged my position (VFR). Here's the report below.

I'm using Voice Pack, low-spec machine, high volume of AI traffic (from WOAI), Windows Mode, all the tweaks in place.

In any case, its only a recent problem. Happened about a week ago and now regular but random.

Thanks

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61355.0, time stamp: 0x4643ee0a

Faulting module name: atc.dll, version: 10.0.61355.0, time stamp: 0x4643f2aa

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0001ef1b

Faulting process ID: 0x1af0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3c68cfb39385b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\atc.dll

Report ID: 73225d29-c7c8-49ce-bee9-139eafb892b9

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hi Guys,

Can anyone please help me to decipher a new problem which has arisen in recent days?

Some radar hand-offs are OK but a recent hand-off in the UK caused CTD just before the new Radar acknowledged my position (VFR). Here's the report below.

I'm using Voice Pack, low-spec machine, high volume of AI traffic (from WOAI), Windows Mode, all the tweaks in place.

In any case, its only a recent problem. Happened about a week ago and now regular but random.

Thanks

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61355.0, time stamp: 0x4643ee0a

Faulting module name: atc.dll, version: 10.0.61355.0, time stamp: 0x4643f2aa

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0001ef1b

Faulting process ID: 0x1af0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3c68cfb39385b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\atc.dll

Report ID: 73225d29-c7c8-49ce-bee9-139eafb892b9

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

UPDATE: The problem definitely occurs between the en route Control/Centre Frequencies...which I think are active above 10,000 (or something like that); so CTD occurs once I have tuned and then made contact with that frequency. I dont know if this will help to direct attention to a specific problem. Incidentally, if there is a way to inspect/amend frequencies such as "Manchester/London Control" that may help.

Thanks again

Just to check if a missing texture, or similar is causing this, try adding this to your FSX.cfg:

[scenery]

Alert for missing texturesShowMissingTextureAlert=1

Alert for missing objectsMissingLibraryAlert=1

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Just to update...I took away all my add-ons and added to fsx.cfg those lines you talked about mrzippy.

No joy; still CTD at the same hand-over (and no flag prior to it from the lines). I've cut my bvcf.bgl from the Scenery Folder which has rid the game of the upper airspace. I can live with being tuned to East Midlands Radar until I'm within spitting distance of Edinburgh for now. A temporary fix until I can figure out with the fudge is going on. I wondered if that bgl was corrupted.

Can you fly the exact same route without activating ATC, at least the chunk of it where you get the crash? Though it's not common, I've seen places where just flying into the area is enough to cause a crash as you get to a certain spot. If it crashes when you do that, then you will know that ATC and ATC (not radar) handoffs have nothing to do with it. At least it may gain some information for you.

BTW, a note about terminology: When I saw the title of your thread, I wondered how you were affecting radar frequencies -- I didn't know FS differentiated between one radar freq and another. It wasn't until I saw "radar handoffs" that I realized what you meant. Perhaps you're thinking of the ATC folks as being "radar," but they're actually Air Traffic Control (as I'm sure you know).

It's not a big deal, but you may want to think about terminology for a moment when you're communicating with others.

Anyway, let us know if removing ATC from the equation makes a difference.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Can you fly the exact same route without activating ATC, at least the chunk of it where you get the crash? Though it's not common, I've seen places where just flying into the area is enough to cause a crash as you get to a certain spot. If it crashes when you do that, then you will know that ATC and ATC (not radar) handoffs have nothing to do with it. At least it may gain some information for you.

Hey, thanks for the heads-up on the terminology.

That's right, if I don't contact ATC I get no crash. I tried that and flew through the "crash zone" leaving well alone any contact with Manchester Control. All good. Next time (just to check) I flew it again, actioned ATC and had the CTD. So I'm pretty sure its connected in some way to the hand-offs, or rather the first contact with the new upper airspace controller.

Archived