EBBR At Night

Rupert

Looking at G'erard's ILS 25R approach to EBBR made me wonder what Brussels looked like at night. It looks, IMHO, pretty nice!! Though I did cheat and change the date so we'd have the extra light of a full moon. ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

BTW: I love those taxi arrows!! Boy that would have made finding your way around a new airport on a Ferry Hop so much easier back in the 60's!! But then again, since GPS wasn't even a dream yet, it would have been tough!

And yes, that is also an ILS approach to 25R. It's a lot easier for me to pay attention to making outside the plane screen shots when I'm not hand flying the plane. ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Warn you: no any stones in the neighbourhood :) My Boeing's post is usually -- should be -- middle right in the last picture :pilot:

Any beer in some bar downtown?

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Very pretty! :eek: At night people should be in bed. Or in a bar. PAH! :mad:

Well said Your Peerness!! Except in this case I hoped to depict what most of Europe looks like at 20:00 near the end of winter. Which, as I recall, is a little early to finish dinner, regardless of season, almost anywhere in Europe.

Having said that, this time of day (night) is hugely early for those in that same part of the world who go out to discover the "Wonders Of The Night!! ;););) After all, we do need to keep the local economy moving! :cool:

Michael

"early to finish dinner"

Personally the family tradition is to dinner by 7 p.m. :)

LOL! I've eaten in several restaurants in Europe and a few operated as European style in North America that don't even open until 7!!

Michael

LOL! I've eaten in several restaurants in Europe and a few operated as European style in North America that don't even open until 7!!

Michael

+1 When in Europe, we never went out until at least 8:30PM. And if we were cooking in our rental house, we would have drinks and appetizers around 5:30 or 6:00 and then start cooking around 8:30. Multi courses of dinner, each with a different wine, followed by desert and a desert wine.

Dinner and doing the dishes was finished around 11:30. Whew!

Did I gain weight?? Yes!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

several restaurants in Europe

Yes. That's maybe for restaurants but family traditions are a other thing! :cool: I had noted clearly that you were speaking about restaurants

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

+1 When in Europe, we never went out until at least 8:30PM. And if we were cooking in our rental house, we would have drinks and appetizers around 5:30 or 6:00 and then start cooking around 8:30. Multi courses of dinner, each with a different wine, followed by desert and a desert wine.

Dinner and doing the dishes was finished around 11:30. Whew!

Did I gain weight?? Yes!

There you go!! Am I worried about issues like gaining weight? Obviously not as we're going to spend about a month in the EEC again this year. Including parts of it which probably won't be a part of it very soon. I guess I'll have to add some length to the straps on my kilt! :o:o

But then again, at my age I'm pretty much invisible to most of the world anyway! ;) So even if I looked like Jack La Lane no one except me would care! And frankly I'd be embarrassed to be ---------!!!;)

In fact IMHO those who are 70+ and still have a 30" waistline are missing out on a lot of the joys of life!! It's not like we're going to spend meaningful time with a 40 year old hottie unless we have a few million dollars to pay for that year or less with her/him!

At this point in my life I'm on a mission to discover all the single malt Scots Whiskeys, Bourbons, and good wines, regardless in the world they come from that I haven't yet tasted before I die. It's not like I'm immortal!! Not at all!! Being raised on a hard scrabble farm in Kentucky where we made and sold, despite numerous laws, our own whisky and wines, I'm a taster!!;);)

Michael

Archived