Flight Sim issue

REDDAIR

Hello,

In February I wrote about having lost Flight Sim due to some bug. I am not sure what happened as it may have been an upgrade to Windows 10 which caused my computer to lock up (According to the web). At this point I never got Photo Gallery back nor Movie Maker... Now today, Flight Sim cut out during a flight citing "Demo" is over! The error code is related to product activation. I never had a major issue with the Sim in the 10 years I owned the program. The error code is 1-80004005. I find Microsoft's help system to be all Gobbledygook to me, most of the time. It would be tough to start all over with a fresh reinstall, but I did already try Disk 1 maintenance, but have no idea what to expect until I can start the game. I have a copy of MY game in case I need to reinstall it, but now I wonder whether I will be locked out from using it if I reinstall it.

My wife has the exact same PC with 10 and her computer is unaffected.

Any help, welcome!

Redd

So, after losing your flight sim a while ago, you had to do a reinstall? And this "Demo" is over because the Acceleration is not activated?

Have a look at this:

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)

2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-

E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.

4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.

5. Close Registry Editor

6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

It helped in this thread! https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?310382-FSX-Acceleration-disk-problem

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks Mr. Zippy for the idea. However, the Register is already showing this. I did, however, run the Accelerator Disc and it also asked "Repair"? I did so... Again the game splash screen also has the error box, BUT as before, the game did start and everything appeared normal, even the add on AC were still there. So, I start the same flight which was stopped last time, and wouldn't you know it, it stopped again with the "Demo Over" screen. I snapped screen shots to show all this....

Redd

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

Thanks Mr. Zippy!!!!

Yes, the change in the CAP for the PartMgr over partmgr made the difference--how do you know this? An Activation Screen then appeared. I ran a flight session to be sure--and made it to the runway this time. The game came back with my other add-on-aircraft, and I noted scenery I added long ago. Even the log was current. I had to review my settings for the joystick as a couple of actions seemed dead. PS - I never touched the Register before your cap comment, perhaps the shop did something when they restored Win 10, who knows.

Redd

Image006.jpg

Image007.jpg

• 10 months later...

It's because Zippy is Pure FM!

Frikken Magic. He's working on becoming AM.

Advanced Magic.

But he'll never admit it :D :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Quote: 'Don't believe anything you see and only half of what you hear'....Lady GaGa

I googled: error code is 1-80004005 and got this: (I am not as dumb as I look...)

FSX Error_Google Listings.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

It's because Zippy is Pure FM!

Frikken Magic. He's working on becoming AM.

Advanced Magic.

But he'll never admit it :D :D

Pat☺

My COD Modern Warfare player name was Blackmagic, only I spelled it with non-standard characters (for lack of the proper term). Since I cheated and hacked my butt off (like everyone else) no one new the proper name to issue the kick vote. That was due to the non-standard characters. The game would only render standard characters and leave the rest out. Making my name look like lcmic or something in the player list. Some were a little more astute to my clever shenanigans and issued a kick vote on me, but since most of the other players were mostly young and dumb, they'd think that player didn't deserve a kick vote. Because after all, who's lcmic? I never had any beef with this guy? :D LMAO

Anyway, Blackmagic is what it was, and Blackmagic scored some massive points, yo! Good times.

gh4Fsn7.jpg

I guess I missed something here. Looks like Mr Z solved the problem 03-2018 and now the thread has resurfaced yesterday 01/18/19 as if it was never solved? OR, maybe someone else benefited from Mr Zippy's solution?

This Mr Z is like the EverReady Rabbit, he just "keeps on tickin!" You go Charlie!

Rick :cool:

I guess I missed something here. Looks like Mr Z solved the problem 03-2018 and now the thread has resurfaced yesterday 01/18/19 as if it was never solved? OR, maybe someone else benefited from Mr Zippy's solution?

This Mr Z is like the EverReady Rabbit, he just "keeps on tickin!" You go Charlie!

Thanks, Rick! I attribute it all to booze:rolleyes:;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I still to this day remember that very Energizer battery commercial back in the 80's that started the whole thing. I'm pretty sure I have this right and from what I remember the commercial showed three battery operated toys in a row. One I think was a monkey with a drum or something. The other was a robot or some damn thing, again, been years, and finally it was the bunny we now know to be the Energizer Bunny. Well, the commercial showed each toy do its thing under battery power until one by one all failed leaving the Energizer Bunny doing his thing thanks to the long lasting Energizer battery.

Then I remember an Energizer battery commercial circa '93 that appeared to be a normal commercial, but then all of a sudden you saw the Energizer Buny go from left to right screen with that all too familiar narrator voice (or what ever you would call it) say, "still going. Nothing out lasts theEnergizer. It keeps going, and going, and going. And voice fades out.

From that first commercial spawned other variants based on its criteria of making it look like you were watching a normal commercial, but then here comes the Energizer Bunny from left screen does a 360 and exits right screen.

I actually have a strong fascination for TV commercials. I like to understand and study what their ploy is and how they utilize psychology and marketing to try and sell you that product. They are indeed very interesting creatures. And I'm told by a guy in the know marketers know more about you then you know yourself. Ever get that song stuck in your head, etc? There you go. And now you know the product. HAHAHA

I've often seen the same actor go from one commercial to the next and then appear on various TV shows.

I have to say, right now the Allstate Insurance commercials have Geico commercials on the ropes with their "Mayhem" dude, or what ever they dub him. He's quite funny. Geico had and still does have great commercials that made their way into the psyche of the populace. Now Geico is running a promo showing all of their old commercials and saying you you can pick your favorite one on their website I guess.

I guess I should get into marketing and commercials or something. HAHAHA

Edit- Well how be dammed. As I write this, a Geico commercial came on saying you could star in a Geico commercial. LOL

Now by far the foulest crap of a commercial to ever exist are the pill commercials. I utterly loath them. Don't take this pill if you're allergic to this pill. Side affects may include the overwhelming desire to sniff your own carpet. Then about a year latter a high dollar lawyer firm commercial comes on and says, did you take this pill and grow hair on the bottom of your feet? Then call our law offices at **insert easy to remember phone number here** and we'll get you the money you deserve.

It is my understanding that in Europe they don't allow pill commercials. I have wrote Congressmen, and the President to put an end to these asinine commercials. I loath big phrama. Though, I'm sure the TV station rolls in the cash every two damn weeks a new pill commercial comes out it seems

Anyway... full disclosure. I failed to see the date of this thread.

Edit 2- By in large the catchiest damn song ever to be used in a commercial.

And my fav. The Kid In a Candy Store Ad. I and several others wanted that song single, but MasterCard would never release the group's name. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcfYuKwYeUU

Archived