FSX Out of Memory errors out of the blue - nothing has changed!

Girrit

Over the past couple of weeks I've been having so many problems with FSX. Its just broken I don't know what to do.

I've made NO changes to it. And it was working perfectly before. Completely out of the blue I've been getting Out of Memory crashes - for absolutely no reason!

I've been using the same aircraft, on the same routes, to the same airports I have been using for months with no problems. Now I can't even finish a SID.

I dropped all my settings down and I am still getting them. Anyone experienced this?

I would like to emphasise again - nothing has changed. I've never had this problem. FSX-SE has just broken out of the blue. Its now completely useless.

What do I do?

Have you gotten any updates to Windows lately?

If so, try rolling back to before the update, or just getting rid of the latest update or two.

Same with any graphix card updates you've installed.

More than just changes to FSX can cause problems like this, you know. ANY change that's been made to you FSX computer can cause this sort of trouble. Think back, and consider undoing any kind of changes to the PC you've made, or it automatically made to it's self.

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

You say you have made no changes. Did you by chance install any new liveries for the aircraft your flying?

I never got OOM until I installed a livery for the QW787.

When I checked the livery, it was half a gigabyte in size! I re-saved the textures at a smaller size and that fixed the problem.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I've verified the cache and it fixed loads of things. Not been home yet, but from what I've read it's just destroyed all my orbx I products.

Will report back after I've reinstalled the lot tonight.

Many thanks

This is a nightmare!!! All my textures are rubbish! I've reinstalled all ORBX products but I'm having to do it again. What an earth has happened now? It loads alright around me in a small radius then it looks like garbage! I didn't have my LoD higher than 4.5 before so its not that. My Sim use to look so realistic now it looks awful!

Never, ever reinstall ORBX textures.

Instead you need to use FTX Central to verify integrity of the ORBX setup - redo the migration as the first step.

Then you can reinstall the library files.

9 out 10 that will fix any errors

Come back for the 10th time if that doens't work.

To complete the thread and cover the 10th contingency for ORBX textures, all you need to do is delete the text file contained in ORBX\User Documents\Versions

Then re-run FTX Central.

As an aside if you are having a problem with an individual ORBX addon, you can use the same technique and just delete the addon from the .TXT file, before re-running FTX Central.

Finally, the Migration Troubleshooter . exe can highlight any missing ORBX files.

https://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-oom-and-addon-vas-usage/

If you want to play around with FSX and add various items it is a good idea to understand VAS. Check this article out and start considering what you are doing when you add something to your sim.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Yep.

An oom is not an error because of anything wrong with fsx. It's a matter of you wanting to load more detail then fs and pc can handle.

What you should have done was make choices on what to load and display. Not uninstalling and such.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had this. It drove me insane for quite some time. NOTHING had changed. Same aircraft, same airports, same settings but a sudden drop in performance, blurry textures and all sorts of problems.

The culprit for me was windows updates running in the background. CPU usage went up to 99%. As soon as I disabled windows updates everything went back to being exactly as it was. I think windows updates was getting stuck on one particular update - causing all the problems.

Worth a look perhaps?

Good luck.

..........The culprit for me was windows updates running in the background. CPU usage went up to 99%. As soon as I disabled windows updates everything went back to being exactly as it was. I think windows updates was getting stuck on one particular update - causing all the problems.

Worth a look perhaps?

Good luck.

Some update require a restart to be fully installed/implemented. If the PC is not restarted the update in question remains in a 'limbo' or 'loop' state and may block all other queued updates from being downloaded and/or installed.

If you go to the Update and Security page there are two areas that will give an indication of a update problem. The first is the on main Windows update page - if there are updates currently being downloaded/installed you will see a list. Any update that is awaiting action will have a message under it (such as Awaiting Install or Awaiting Restart). The second area is found by clicking on the View Installed Update History link - this will show what updates have been installed and if any have failed.

By default Win 10 is set to inform when a Restart is required but this notification can be turned off by the user or can be disabled if a user has changed the Active Hours setting. This setting is used by Win 10 to do a controlled restart outside of the stated Active hours when a PC is left on constantly.

IME of Win 10 issues the vast majority are associated with an incomplete update process and are often resolved by a simple restart.

Regards

Brian

Guest SageCreekKid
My "frustration of the day" with those "out of memory" pop-up boxes on FSX SE involves my desire to fly a recently purchased B777 collection. I would like to park a B777 at a jetway--at those airports that have them. Unfortunately the memory capacity of FSX SE will not allow this. If one wants jetways the "scenery" setting must be at a minimum level. Such a level appears to be beyond the the memory capacity of FSX SE. So--The "good news" is that I CAN use my B777s. The "bad news" is that I am forced to land at a major airport--ie:. KPHL--and find no terminal buildings at all, or, at best, I land at a major airport and find a terminal building but no jetways.

I would like to park a B777 at a jetway--at those airports that have them. Unfortunately the memory capacity of FSX SE will not allow this. If one wants jetways the "scenery" setting must be at a minimum level. Such a level appears to be beyond the the memory capacity of FSX SE.

The FSX "memory capacity" has been around as long as we have had 32 bit operating systems. If the 777 is causing OOMs, the problem is with the addon, not FSX. If the addon will not operate in FSX to your satisfaction then I suggest you take it up with whomever created/sold you the triple 7.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived