Mind The Gap!!

Rupert

A recent poster of the FSX forum was concerned about the default Jetways at WBGG. I went there and found that he was correct!;)

Jetway.jpg

jet2.jpg

As the British are wont to say, "Mind The Gap" when entering a Jetway from the terminal at WBGG!!

I can't help but think this airport is so devoid of commercial aircraft due to the difficulty of loading the planes!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Fortunately for those wishing to arrive or depart the terminal at WBGG Mr Zippy found a download in the file library without the gap from building to Jetway.;)

It is Name is: mfsg_kuching_2018_x.zip

Who says these forums aren't helpful!!

Michael

Ya know, I kinda like the Australian 3 liter boxed wines from Trader Joe. No cork to pop or screw-cap to bother with. Just a tap at the bottom. Now If I had my druthers, I'd choose a nice French or Italian red for dinner tonight.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

:):) Watch your step either way!

So, you were obliged to flee down to Malaysia to escape those fairies and elves you had disturbed in Sussex! Now that the airport works, hope you're not going to land close to any Buddhist temple or monument :)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Ya know, I kinda like the Australian 3 liter boxed wines from Trader Joe. No cork to pop or screw-cap to bother with. Just a tap at the bottom. Now If I had my druthers, I'd choose a nice French or Italian red for dinner tonight.

Yes,

I know how you feel. There are a lot of 5 liter boxes of Almadin, from California, sold around here as well.

I just tested some 1995 M'edoc. That seems to be a good case!! So, since after testing the product will need to be consumed soon or it will go bad, I'm having some '95 M'edoc with my dinner. ;)

G'erard,

Just doing my part to make this a better world to sim in! And since Molly and I are both Scots with living relatives still in Scotland, we're already used to dealing with the little people.

That's no mistake, just a clever way for airport security to check your undercarriage as you're jumping over.

Bad news for kilt wearing Scotsmen. And for those who have to see that. Och aye Jimmy. :eek: -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

That's no mistake, just a clever way for airport security to check your undercarriage as you're jumping over.

Bad news for kilt wearing Scotsmen. And for those who have to see that. Och aye Jimmy. :eek: -- Bob

Actually there is an old Scot quote that applies here.

kilt.jpg

Hi!

Scotland is a much fine country, with much fine people -- and much fine pubs! I toured the country long ago and I remember those narrow roads in the Highlands, as I was joking that such roads were not to be used by the opening hours of pubs :):):)

On the other hand, I meant Wessex, not Sussex, in my post about fairies and elves around the raised stones

Cheers

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Yes G'rard.

I guessed what you meant. And the single track roads in Scotland can be a challenge. Don't you just love to back up 1/4 mile to a "passing place" so you and the guy you just met can pass on your destinations! Having said that, Scot's roads are a piece of cake compared to some in Western Cornwall!!

Cornwall roads are a little wider, but not much, which sounds like an improvement. BUT! Many of those roads, which are all two-way are cut into a creek-bed or other rill among solid granite walls!! As in you're 30' or so deep into a narrow passageway with granite & moss covered granite walls on all sides. No they don't have guard rails, unless you count the moss.

Then you come to curves in the road, and there are a lot of curves as the road usually is the old creek-bed. What's coming around the curve in the opposite direction!!?? Is it a double-decker tour bus doing 50 mph? How about a road repair implement that's 15' wide, or a biker practicing for the Isle of Mann TT? Or hopefully, nothing!!??

I always much prefer to travel in West Cornwall at night. At least then you can often see some flashes of light or reflections from headlights to tell you someone is coming the other way! And I always select a rental car with driving lights. So the guy coming the other way will know I'm around as well!!

And I always select a rental car with driving lights.

:) Do you mean your own car (carrrrr :) ) does not have any light?! On the other hand, never been in Cornwall. Are the pub opening hours to watch too? :):)

I mostly know England from Dover or Folkestone to London, and London self, and thence, I once journeyed up, and then back, like told, to Scotland. Fine landscapes. My journey brought me up to Scourie. Fine cliffs with sea birds and a awakening water by summer at some 60°F!

And I will tell you! The year when I toured Scotland, it was 1976, the year of the great drought in Europe. Mostly sunny and dry from June to September :) I had some luck however to check for the Scottish fog one day, and for drizzle another one

Cheers

Ah, driving lights... I remember them well. My father had a 2.5 liter Riley Saloon, a classic 4 door British touring car when I was between 16 and 20. Occasionally, I would get that car as a special treat for a special evening. The car was built low to the ground like a sports car, cornered like a RR Train, had 4 on the floor in a short throw gear box, and for a car its size, went like H*&l for its time. As they would say today, it was Rad. That car also boasted a 100,000 candle power speed lamp mounted center on the bumper. Flick that switch and night became day. Its use allowed the driver to overdrive the normal headlight beam without fear, it was a wonderful gadget. It was also a great deterrent to oncoming cars failing to dim their high beams; a simple on/off of that lamp and down came the high beams of on coming traffic. Thank you, Charlie, for the reminder.

Yes Klee,

Driving lights are still fairly popular in England. I have put them on several cars I've owned as well. The ones on the car shown are behind easily removed covers to protect them when not in use.

The Brute smaller.jpg

Archived