AI Take-off distance

garrytheskate

There is, and I got a response on this from Tom of California Classics when I asked how I could get one of his airliners to stop in a shorter length of runway. Now, if we can find that question and answer in here....... Mmmmm, might have to post a question on how to find a previous post!

Is this it?

Tom Gibson: Jan 26, 2011: AvSim Forum:

My general approach:1. Adjust the empty weight until the approach speed is realistic.2. Adjust the reverse and brake values until the landing roll is OK (reverse is in the General Engine Data section).3. Adjust the engine power until the takeoff roll is OK.4. Adjust the drag scalars (in the fine tuning section) until the flight behavior is OK. parasite_drag_scalar= induced_drag_scalar=(1.0 is unchanged, 2.0 is twice normal, etc.)Other things that can affect takeoffs is the no flaps stall speed, and the wingspan can affect many parts of the flight envelope. Note that wingspan is used as a radius value in FSX, and so should be close to realistic.Hope this helps.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

You could try Jan Martin's FDEs for a more realistic behaviour:

http://janswebsites.altervista.org/flightsim/index.html

They may indeed help . . . I seem to remember when they were fist made it was stated they were tweaked specifically to clear runways quicker to improve traffic movenment at busy airports.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

LOL! That's one of many such posts I've made over the years. Another approach:

1. Set the empty weight so the plane makes it's final aproach at the correct speed.

2. Increase power (HP or thrust) or wing area to get plane airborne sooner. Also, reduce no flaps stall speed. I usually adjust the stall speed to get the right rotation speed, then the power to get the right climb out speed, and then the wing area to get the right point of rotation. But then changes in wing area will require changes in power, so you adjust these two (or three) back and forth until both rotation point and climb speed are correct.

3. Check the cruise speed at altitude and decrease the Cruise Speed and max mach variables if speed is too high. If the speed is too low, try increasing the Cruise Speed. If this has no effect then power is too low. Set Cruise Speed variable to desired value and increase power until it matches that speed. Then redo step 2, not decreasing power below what it is set to now (you can increase it though). This may force a compromise somewhere...

4. Adjust the minimum throttle (reverse thrust - early deceleration) and toe brake scalar (brakes - late deceleration) to get the correct landing roll length.

Note: each time you make a change, you will have to reload a flight or restart FS to load the new flight dynamics.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

"Mr. Garry !

Tell me what

Flightsimulator you are using Fs2004 / Fs9 or FSX

IF it is FSX I will and can NOT help you. (Can't stand FSX)

In case of FS9 just tell me which airplane it is or name me the ZIP file name so I can download it.

my email is : gkcherry1@t-online.de

Mr Gary !

Pls use my email so I can help you much quicker and easier.

When I'm done I send you the FDE files , AIR + CFG, that will do it.

So I need for the send to you your email.

Pls do NOT use Flightsim.co Forum.

IF I'm correct that Bristol Freighter is for the one Mr. Mike Stone designed ?!!!

Regards Guenter

P.S. You mentioned other planes .... like ??? Maybe I have done them already.

My current one completed is the Tupolev Tu-95, Tu-126, Tu-114, and the Tu-142 airplanes.

I can send you many FULLY functioning planes which fly in the following environments:

1. AI

2. Pilot controlled in IFR / VFR

3. ILS Approaches

All my Air / CFG files work for AI environment IFR or VFR ( there is a BIG different for AI in VFR versus IFR)

So pls let me know as well whether your AI Flight Planes , BECAUSE the Approach Traffic Pattern in FS9 is quite different for VFR and IFR Approaches ESPECIALLY whe you use 2 airportes which are pretty closely located !

The plane might fly perfectly in IFR AI Flight plan BUT NOT so good in VFR with adjacent airports.

You like the Convair B-36 from ALPHA Sim or from MR. Ito ?? (JET and Prop 10 Engines total)

So pls USE my email address and NOT Flightsim !

hi mr. gary,

by NOT taking my offer it seems to me you are NOT interested.

The following versions of the Bristol Freighters were built:

MK1, MK2, MKX1,MK21, MK21A, MK22A Wayfare Passenger version, MK31 , MK32.

I have the files READY for the MK1, MK2 and the MKX1 and working on the Versions MK21 .... MK22A.

FOR AI as VFR and IFR scheduled flights Full Load, Full Fuel AND correct Wing Sizes, Length and SQFT

1. T.O. distance 3,700 ft. this means clearing a 50 ft obstacle as T.O. distance is DEFINED

2. Landing distance 2180 ft

AI does NOT use Flaps for T.O. but does for Landing!

For Pilot controlled environment

1. T.O. 10 degree flaps 3,450 ft with 500 ft climb

2. Landing Distance 1,853 ft with full brakes

Regards

G.K.

P.S. So let me know whether you NEED them so badly as you state it in your post .. with all the other pertinent info I gathered for the Mike Stone version

Delete of files is easy performed by me ...

Archived