The best flight training?

SimplPrimate

Hi all, I used to fly with flight sims around 13 years ago and I am wanting to get back into it. My goal is to eventually be able to fly the 747-400 and/or the 787 Dreamliner on a regular basis for a virtual airline and be able to fly other aircraft as I want and be able to do so confidently and accurately without making stupid mistakes, and mostly do so the correct way.

I want to learn how to fly as if I was actually learning to fly a real aircraft, know how to use all the features of aircraft and all the electronics (GPS, etc.), follow checklists, fly routes, communicate with ATC and so on.

I am looking for a really good learning resource, preferably that does not cost a fortune to do so. One with lots of videos and written content that goes into detail. I know there are endless videos of bits and pieces of information all over Google and YouTube, I am just looking for something a bit more structured.

Does anyone know the best place I can find this? I own both FSX and X-Plane 11 and prefer to fly with X-Plane 11 as it is so much more detailed although to learn flying I will use either or both.

Thanks everyone for reading and for any information that could be useful!

Sam

HP Omen Gaming Laptop - Windows 10 - Intel i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz - 8GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - HP - Pavilion 32" LED QHD Monitor in 2K

Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick - Razr Deathadder Elite - Razr Chroma Tournament Edition

Have you tried the Lessons in FSX?

I am going through them now, they do teach some things but are very basic.

Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick - Razr Deathadder Elite - Razr Chroma Tournament Edition

All you need is this fabulous, comprehensive book by Jeff Van West and Kevin Lane Cummings, both flight instructors.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pilots-Training/dp/0764588222/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1509665719&sr=1-1&keywords=fsx+real

- Paul Elliott

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE

All you need is this fabulous, comprehensive book by Jeff Van West and Kevin Lane Cummings, both flight instructors.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pilots-Training/dp/0764588222/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1509665719&sr=1-1&keywords=fsx+real

Thanks, this is probably exactly what I am looking for and I will pick it up for sure. I just need to save enough to pick up a new joystick with it since the one I have is about 12 or more years old and has calibration issues.

Thanks for the great information. I will put it all to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived