Horn on Erwin's Disney Cruise Ship?

familton

OK. Thanks Zippy I just noticed that when I looked at te sound.cfg. It was late and I'll try it today. Does the chain sound and the QM2 horn work. The real Disney Cruise Ship has many sounds. I may play around with them. Can we choose other non used events to trigger more than one horn effect? Bob.

OK. Thanks Zippy I just noticed that when I looked at te sound.cfg. It was late and I'll try it today. Does the chain sound and the QM2 horn work. The real Disney Cruise Ship has many sounds. I may play around with them. Can we choose other non used events to trigger more than one horn effect? Bob.

I saw no reference to the QM2 horn in the sound.cfg even though the .wav file is included. I would bet you could assign light switches, or something similar.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Mr. Zippy did you get the chain sound with the gear up or gear down? All I get is the gear warning sound. Which of the other sounds did you hear after the flaps mod you posted? Thanks, Bob.

All I heard was this ship hitting the trash can after making the horn sound with the change I recommended. Sorry, I didn't play around with it!

OK. Thanks. I have been in contact with the author with not much success. He has responded and says he can hear the sounds. I hope others that have downloaded it will chime in here with their comments. The ship is a real beauty. Bob.

Bob, because you are such a gentleman and a scholar(Damn few of us left!) I re-downloaded and installed this beasty boat and tried it again. I made no changes to the sound.cfg file. F-7 sounds the horn, A/P disengage (z key twice) sounds the QM2 horn, and g key gives the chain sound. I'll put the ship in my hangar in case more questions pop up!

Thanks. I'll re-download it and see what happens. Bob.

Update: I just completely removed both the driveable and AI version. I re-downloaded the file from Flightsim. I installed both ships in FSX. When I use F7, which is set to flaps on my system, all I get is the flaps sounds. When I use the G key, which is set to Landing Gear, all I get is the gear warning sound. The ZZ works OK to sound the QM2 horn.I looked at the sound.cfg and he still has three settings for flaps as shown below:

[flapsh]

filename=Horn

initial_volume=3500

maximum_volume=7400

[flapsl]

filename=Horn

initial_volume=3500

maximum_volume=7400

[flapst]

filename=Horn

initial_volume=3500

maximum_volume=7400

[AP_DISENGAGE_SOUND]

filename=qm2_horn

[GEAR_DOWN]

filename=chain

[GEAR_UP]

filename=chain

Did you change them all to flaps? If so that's why mine doesn't work and I get the normal flap sounds.

I cannot see why your G key works and mine does not. I even tried my joystick with the same results

All three wav files play OK by themselves.

It would be nice to be able to sound the horn in outside views. Can it be done by setting the viewpoint=2?

I found out it has lights. I have added a lights switch on the bridge.

Bob.

Quote: 'It would be nice to be able to sound the horn in outside views.'

The horn is only 'audible' when in VC view. But you can make a New Window with '[' key. Choose 'Cockpit' then 'VC'. Drag sides of window and make small as possible. Place it at top right corner. When in ANY view click ON that New Window (changes focus to it) and now you can hear the horn in ANY view. Click anywhere on main window to change focus back to 'regular' Sim operations (keys, etc).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi. Napamule. Thanks. That idea sounds good.

I cannot get the horn or chain sounds in the 2d bridge panel. All I get are the flap sounds and the gear warning sound. The qm2 horn sounds OK in the bridge 2d panel.

Bob.

I don't understand why he put in [Flapsh], [Flapsl], and [Flapst] just to sound the horn. I would think that eliminating 2 of those and just have one [Flaps] to sound the horn. I think the developer was overly horny! I had no problem with (g) key for chain sound. I also found the (s) key for passenger screams, and the (d) key for the "dinner" announcement worked!:p

Ok, one last test run. I eliminated 2 of those [flaps.x] thingies in the sound.cfg. The remaining one is [FLAPS] for the horn. Make sure your engines are running. I pressed F7 to sound the horn. Make sure your volume is turned up! Pressing g key gave me the chain sounds. I also killed the gear warning in the aircraft.cfg.

Hi Mr. Zippy. I did those changes and the horn and chains do NOT play in the 2d bridge window or any other view. I heard from in and he said he does not have time to support his uploads. If the flapsh, t and l did not work as was in the sound.cfg and had to be changed to FLAPS I cannot believe that the many other downloads users have not reported it.

For now I'll settle with the qm2 horn. I have a set of real Disney horn sounds and i'll replace the qm2 sound with them.

Bob.

Hi,

I added the AI version to "AICarriers" and it didn't work initially. I discovered that AICarriers would not accept spaces in the title. In the AI sim.cfg I have:

[fltsim.0]

title=Cruiseship_Disney_Magic

model=ai

The formation I added has this:

[formation.2]

title=Disney Magic Cruiseship

unit.0=Cruiseship_Disney_Magic, 0, 0

I checked the driveable version but when I started the engines the ship turned left continuously. Anyone else have this problem?

Jim F.

I checked the driveable version but when I started the engines the ship turned left continuously. Anyone else have this problem?

Jim F.

Yep, had to center the rudder and flop it back and forth a few times. Are your horns and chain noise working? One honk for yes, and 2 chain rattles for no!:rolleyes:

Hi JandjFrench:

Could [views] in the aircraft.cfg be the issue ?

If so {

Are you familiar with views in the aircraft.cfg?

for example

[views]

eyepoint= 1st entry, 2nd entry, 3rd entry

reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx#mozTocId810089

Could this be the issue? One way to debug if it is, is in adjusting the height, (third entry)

first above the craft so you can see where you are with respect to the distance you should

be from the front ( 1st entry), and the either left right or in the middle ( the 2nd entry).

Once you have the first two entries somewhat set, then of course you will need to re-

adjust the height -

}

Best Regards, OKD -

Auto-Coordination is not used or needed for SHIPS (or boats or vehicles). Just for AIRPLANES whereas when you input rudder you will get ROLL (of wings) to make (dah) 'Co-ordinated TURNS'. The rudder for everything else is just a 'tiller' (used for STEERING) IF you give the floats 'steering angle'. Otherwise you have to use type 5 cnt pts (water rudder) to steer. For vehicles the 'steering' is done by the type 1 (gear) which have 'steering angle' for the front wheels.

If you use my 'trick' (new window in VC view) you can have all those sounds in any view if you click on that new window. You might want to check you 'Sound' settings to see if you have enough volume for 'enviorment' in order to hear over engine sounds / wind sounds.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi all,

I learn something new everyday (well almost). I wasn't aware that by checking the Sound.cfg you could find which sounds were linked to which actions. Pretty basic but I've asked in forums about how to determine this several times over the years and never received any response. When I first loaded the Disney ship and it kept turning I checked the aircraft.cfg and saw that autopilot was enabled so I set it to "0". This seems to explain why my horn didn't work. When I checked the .mdl in MCX and it wouldn't load I gave up on it and deleted.

But here's something that others might find useful. I saw that there wasn't any Ref file and wanted a place to remind me of which key activates what so I created a text file and called it Ref.txt and copied info from the posts and then in the aircraft.cfg "[fltsim.0]" section this "kb_reference=Ref". I did save Ref.txt in the main folder. I started doing this several months ago when I load an aircraft that has features I'm likely to forget. It has come in handy.

Jim F.

Hello World!!

Here's me half awake for a change. So I looked back through the thread for a

filename.zip.

Why don't you people post those?(:)no need to answer that.:))

"Erin's Disney ship"???

Site???

Would be so much easier if we could all look at the same file.:p (And would be fun if I could join in as well.:D)

il.

Btw, Familton, you trying this in FSX, or in FS2004?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not a tough search, il!;)

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Other Aircraft FS2004/FSX/Acceleration Cruise Ship Package Disney Magic

[ Download | View ]

Name: cruiseship-disney-magic.zip

Size: 20,624,159 Date: 09-17-2017 Downloads: 261

cruiseship-disney-magic2.gif

cruiseship-disney-magic.gif

FS2004/FSX/Acceleration Cruise Ship Package Disney Magic. She was the first cruiseship of the Disney Cruise Line. She sails under the flag of Bahamas since 1998. She has a length of 294 m, a power of 57600 kw allows 24 knots of speed and the ship carries 945 men of crew and up to 3600 passengers, mostly families with children. The colors of the boat and the two chimneys honors the classical style of the trans Atlantic liners like "Queen Elisabeth" or "United States". The package contains a pilotable version with 2D navigation bridge and AI versions. FSDS 3.5 models and 2D panel by Erwin Welker

[TABLE=align: center] [TR=bgcolor: #EFEFEF] [TD]

[/TD] [TD]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]arrow-right.pngMore Details

[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Archived