Horn on Erwin's Disney Cruise Ship?

familton

Thanks Zippy, I didn't install it either.

so far looks fine (In FSX-Gold (box edition) with Accel installed. Win7-x64.)

Oh yes, I did install the driveable version only, in /Boats. Not the AI version.

I did install the gauges and effects as instructed.

horn sounds at AP on then off

chain sounds with gear raise and drop

flaps sound like aircraft flaps. will look a it closer in a few hours.

Ok. tried edit flaps by mrzipp. Didn't sound, or if it did it was not loud enough.

Deleted al three flaps sections in sound.cfg and changed to:

[FLAPS]

filename=Horn

minimum_volume=10000

Worked like a charm.

so chain and AP-horn (qm2_horn) worked already.

flaps horn needed small fix.

Btw, views were fine. Outside, and 2D panel.

(readme said to zoom out fully in 2D, which I did.)

looks fine.JPG

--

panel lights up at night ok as well:

night.JPG

--

nav lights, no cabin lights. Ok at dusk, but somewhat invisible at night:

nav light - no cabin.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did the install again. This time using the fs2004 files from the update.zip file.

(not from the FS2004 folder from the original .zip file)

(again installed in fsx-accel. win7-64b.)

Same results.

Did the same edit to the sound.cfg file:

Deleted all three flaps sections in sound.cfg and changed to:

[FLAPS]

filename=Horn

minimum_volume=10000

--

Again same results. Sound now sounded with flaps. (all stages, both when raised and when lowered.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello World!!

Here's me half awake for a change. So I looked back through the thread for a

filename.zip.

Sorry I did not give the filename.

Why don't you people post those?(:)no need to answer that.:))

"Erin's Disney ship"???

Site???

Would be so much easier if we could all look at the same file.:p (And would be fun if I could join in as well.:D)

il.

Btw, Familton, you trying this in FSX, or in FS2004?

Sorry I did not give the filename. I use FSX only. I should have stated that too. Bob.

Hi il88,

If you decide to keep the ship I suggest looking into the fuel situation. While checking it out I started a voyage somewhere in Washington. I think harbor was in the airport name and was navigating towards the Pacific. I shortly noticed a starboard list and in the menu I checked the fuel and noticed the left (er...port) tanks had dropped considerably. Didn't look into it further.

Jim F.

Auto-Coordination is not used or needed for SHIPS (or boats or vehicles). Just for AIRPLANES whereas when you input rudder you will get ROLL (of wings) to make (dah) 'Co-ordinated TURNS'. The rudder for everything else is just a 'tiller' (used for STEERING) IF you give the floats 'steering angle'. Otherwise you have to use type 5 cnt pts (water rudder) to steer. For vehicles the 'steering' is done by the type 1 (gear) which have 'steering angle' for the front wheels.

If you use my 'trick' (new window in VC view) you can have all those sounds in any view if you click on that new window. You might want to check you 'Sound' settings to see if you have enough volume for 'enviorment' in order to hear over engine sounds / wind sounds.

Chuck B

Napamule

Thanks. I don't have a twist joystick and have used auto-coordination. I don't like using the keyboard. Auto-coordination works fine for steering ships for me.

I am going to try your trick and to check my sound levels.

Regards, Bob.

I simply started the default flight with trike. Then swapped. Ship don't fly well.:)

don't have the time, but if/when I do I'll look at adding some gauges to panel and perhaps also look at turn/fuel. I'd say fuel should be a simple matter of substituting left+right tank by a single centre tank.

Increasing:

Rudder_effectiveness=

might help with steering angle.

Other jobby: adding cabin lights by editing texture, if possible. But not something I'm good (or fast) at at all.:)

i think a fourth sound was mentioned, but get the impression you had those all working now.

What else.. Chimney smokes perhaps?

I'll keep both FSX and fs2004 versions installed for a bit. (not the ai for now).

Cheers!:D

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quote: 'It would be nice to be able to sound the horn in outside views.'

The horn is only 'audible' when in VC view. But you can make a New Window with '[' key. Choose 'Cockpit' then 'VC'. Drag sides of window and make small as possible. Place it at top right corner. When in ANY view click ON that New Window (changes focus to it) and now you can hear the horn in ANY view. Click anywhere on main window to change focus back to 'regular' Sim operations (keys, etc).

Chuck B

Napamule

Hi Napamule. Your idea works fine. Is there any way to make a change to the panel.cfg to make a fake VC window appear as a small window rather than having to create one each time? Thanks, Bob.

il88pp,

Quote: 'Increasing: Rudder_effectiveness= might help with steering angle.'

That is not good tweaking. You should not use 'flight tuning' for ships, boats or vehicles - it's for airplanes. OK? OK!

You CAN comment out the 'type 5' (watter rudder) lines in cnt pts and give the REAR MOST FLOATS a steering angle (40.000 is good). You will not have to lower watter rudder anymore. The floats will have steering 'on' all the time and won't effect anything. But this will make for smoother turning of ship. Of course the cnt pts have to be 'right' for this to work. I did not download so can't help with cnt pts (floats). But I could if it don't work right. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I don't have the attention span (my big words for the day;)) to pull off contact point trial and error stuff. Especially not with floats. I'd try single engine turns (left engine for right turn), or 'wrong method' .cfg fixes first, or simply finding a bigger pond.:D

Actually, tempted to replace air file with one from a 747.:p

Have a great day y'all. Sun is out!:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived