TDS 787-9 — Raise Nose??

• 2 months later...

I do not think you can do much about it cause there is a inherent droop in the fuselages of the Boeing's commercial models at the back of the wings. Your pic model shows a straight tube which can't be fix except at the model level and therefore you see that the tail is way too high from the real model. If you take a look at my post #2 link you will see the slight droop at the back of the real model.

Cheers,

I assume there is something to change in the aircraft.cfg?

From the pic, I'd think that an aircraft.cfg adjustment might raise the nosewheel along with the nose, leaving it not quite touching. And as mabe indicates, a light nose low like that isn't uncommon in the real world, plus you'd need to source material and software to change that angle.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I could be wrong, and frequently am, BUT: I believe that the adjustment of a certain contact point, or two if it's a double nose wheel aircraft will do what you desire.

Always remember to make a back-up of ANY file before you make ANY changes!!

Open the aircraft.cfg file with a program like NotePad, which is included in Windows, or NotePad++, a freeware readily available on the net. NEVER ever use a word processor, like MS Word, as they add symbols into the file which render them useless in the sim.

Look down through the file for the header [ContactPoints].

The point you want can be a little hard to locate, but generally, it's the first (or first and second) one. If you understand how the co-ordinate system works, you can look at the second, third and fourth numbers following the = (equals sign), thus:

point.0=1, -19.037, 0.000, -7.000, 1560, 0, 0.6349, 75.0, 0.500, 1.250, 2.800, 3.5, 3.5, 0, 280.0, 300.0

Notice the three numbers in red in my example. Those are the numbers to look at. Notice the second of the three is 0.00. This indicates it's located at the center of the aircraft, left to right. Or the lateral position. Also, notice that the 1st number after the = is a 1. That indicates it's a landing gear type contact point. Combine those two hints, and it indicates, to me, that that's the nose gear contact point. If there are two nosewheels, they will be very close to the center of the aircraft, or the second of the three red numbers will be very small compared to other landing gear wheel lateral locations.

You can TRY increasing, or making more negative, the third, or last of the red numbers. The -7.000. I believe that will lower the actual wheels of the nose gear, thus raising your nose a bit. I would keep the changes small, until you see what the changes do. If there are two nose wheels, obviously you want to make the same change to them both.

I may be WAY off base on this. I'm sure that if I am, Chuck B (Napamule) will correct me. He is an ace on contact points.

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

That's why I didn't suggest the Contact Point of the nose Aircraft.cfg since there isn't enough room to play and you might hit the friction point (lack of) if loosing contact with the ground. It is a 3D Max (GMax?) problem me still thinking.

I wonder if the new QW B787 cut the rear droop? Too high mula for me to find out.

Cheers,

I could be wrong, and frequently am, BUT: I believe that the adjustment of a certain contact point, or two if it's a double nose wheel aircraft will do what you desire.

Always remember to make a back-up of ANY file before you make ANY changes!!

Open the aircraft.cfg file with a program like NotePad...

Thanks, that did it. :)

I'm glad you got it to where you want :D

Now, I insist, you go have fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thanks, that did it. :)

Would you mind posting an After shot? Preferably in the first post.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Don't know about a low nose on the TDS 787 models on the ground...

But what about the Center of Gravity? I find that the C of G is always grossly over-weighted towards the nose of every TDS 787 model. This causes wing condensation throughout the flight. Changes in fuel or cargo do not seem to help. This has been a long-term problem with their 787. Is this a model or config issue?

Ah, but just bought the QW 787 for FSX-SE: C of G is now correct. So I will not be flying the TDS brand anymore...

Archived