FS2004 Multiplayer Usage / Screen Shots Question?

flyingheavymetal

Now I have finally found out how to work the thing properly I was wondering if FS2004 Multiplayer was still well populated? I went online hosting a session for an hour on July 26th 2017 and this seemed to attract no attention.

I hope that I have not missed out on this one - does anybody still use the FS2004 Multiplayer and where are the most popular locations for hosting sessions from please?

Also whilst I am at it ... How does one take a screenshot and then find it on their PC if they use FS2004?

Much Appreciated In Advance.

'On the day you finally think you have nothing more to learn in aviation ... Either leave or retire!'

For multiplayer sessions try FSHost: http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/

To take a screenshot, press PrtScn (left of Scroll Lock) and then open the Pictures or My Pictures folder.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

For screenshots I still use the, by today's standards, ancient FSScreen. It is small, has very low resource requirements, and works anytime, anywhere (not just FS, I use it in racing sims, rpgs, online, etc.).

"FSScreen is running in the background and watching the contents of the Windows clipboard all the time. As soon as a picture is stored in the clipboard (e.g. when you press the Print Screen key), FSScreen saves the picture as a BMP file immediately. The file is saved in the program directory of FSScreen, but you can set another directory as working directory for FSSCREEN.EXE, then your screenshots will be in that directory. The pictures do have the name FSSCR and a number of three digits, e.g. FSSCR000.BMP, FSSCR001.BMP, FSSCR002.BMP and so on."

The only caveat is remembering to disable it before using any graphics software since it will just as happily grab and save any image you copy while editing.

I used to use FSScreen myself, I'd forgotten about it until now... Since Photobucket shot themselves in the foot I've been using the built-in PrtScn function with MS OneDrive to post screenshots here.

PrtScn sends the image to your PC OneDrive folder which is synced with your online OneDrive folder.

Open the Online folder, select the image and then the html link option, then select a re-scale image size if required and copy the resulting html link to clipboard. I find it to be quick and easy - and free of charge!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thank you everyone for the screen shot advice. I can now add photos of what I am flying on FS2004 to my Blog and possibly Instagram too though I don't use that much.

Now to see who still uses the Multiplayer facility as I tried it again today during the day ... Same again. Interested in seeing if this still works as I enjoy flying online and was an avid Warbirds 2017 fan. But now I have rheumatism developing in both my hands operating my joystick / gripping my joystick is becoming more and more of a pain ...

'On the day you finally think you have nothing more to learn in aviation ... Either leave or retire!'

Archived